Fourteen

*The next day*

Elizabeth's POV
For the rest of the day yesterday Colby and I talked. That was all we did and honestly, it was so amazing. I mean sure we've had conversations before but yesterday was so different. I don't know if it had to do with the fact that we're together now but I just love talking to him. I feel comfortable talking about whatever I want to and he doesn't judge me for it. It's not like I talk about super personal things with him either. I don't think I will for a while.

"Elizabeth!" I hear Colby yell from downstairs. I mentally groan as I get up from my bed. Can't a girl just lay in bed all day and do nothing? Is that too much to ask?

"What," I whine as I lazily make my way downstairs. A yawn escapes my lips while I enter the kitchen where Colby is. The smell of pancakes fills my senses.

"I made you breakfast," he says with a smile on his face.

"What about Isabella?" I ask.

"I'll just give her cereal or something," he says with a shrug.

"Colby, I think you should share the pancakes. I mean I don't think I'll even be able to eat all of these anyways," I say as I scan the plate of pancakes.

"But I made these for you and me," he whines, "I wanted it to be special for us."

"Isabella deserves some of them too though," I say with a pout and rolls his eyes while letting out an "okay".

We wait for Isabella to wake up and eat. I could tell Colby was still a little upset about the whole thing. After we finally finish, Isabella goes back up to her room and I talk to Colby.

"Okay, Colby, what's up your ass?"  my arms cross and I lean into my hip.

"I just wanted to have a nice breakfast just the two of us, you know? Since we're together now and all," he mumbles.

"Colby, I legit live with you. We're together all the time. I'm sure we'll get some alone time at some point," I say to try to cheer him up.

"But, you're the babysitter who's watching my little sister. It's not like we can hire a babysitter since you are one," he points out.

"Maybe, one day she can go to a friend's house and then we'll have alone time," I suggest.

"That might be allowed. I don't know if my mom ever had that in mind but possibly."

"Okay, well there's not much we can do now. But we do have alone time right now."

"You're so right," he smiles then presses his lips to mine. Our lips move in sync and as I open my mouth Isabella calls for Colby.

"Fuck," he groans as he detaches his lips from mine," so much for alone time."

"Colby, quit complaining and go see what your sister wants," I say while I playfully slap him.

"Okay, I will. No need to beat me up," he jokes. He turns on his heels and starts walking towards the stairs.

*a few minutes later*

Colby finally comes back downstairs after a few minutes and he tells me what Isabella needed him for. Apparently, she needed him to put a Barbie doll head back on it's body. I seriously couldn't help but laugh.

"That's hilarious honestly," I giggle as he laughs along.

"I know."

"Well, it seems like we're alone again," I say with a smirk on my face.

"Okay, I don't know why but I feel like we're parents. Like we have to wait until Isabella is upstairs to even kiss. I mean it is just kissing."

"Yes, I know but sometimes kissing can lead to other things..." I trail off.

"Okay, well first of all we're in the kitchen and I don't feel like doing that here. Second of all... there is no second of all I already said what I needed to."

"I know. I know." I say with a giggle escaping my lips, "I mean I wasn't saying that we would."

"Then, why did you bring it up?" Colby asks with a playful grin on his face.

"I don't know. I was just saying. Leave me alone, I'm tired."

"How can you be tired? You slept for the longest time today and you went to be at like 10:00. For me that's enough sleep."

"Yeah, but I'm always tired no matter how much sleep I get."

"Wow, that's such a sad life," he jokes. I roll my eyes. "You really need to stop rolling your eyes. It's probably not good for them for the amount of time you do roll them."

"Whatever. When did you become an eye doctor?" I joke.

"Haha, very funny,"
he says sarcastically. There's a moment of awkward silence before he speaks again. "But what are we going to do today? I'm already bored out of my mind."

"Tough," I say as I shrug and leave the kitchen. I hear him groan from the other room and the sound of lazy footsteps following behind me.

"Elizabeth, I want to do something fun," he drags out as he captures me by wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Well, I'm here to babysit your sister. Look for something fun to do in the house since that's all we can do."

"Do you remember how I mentioned Isabella going to a friends house earlier?"

"Umm, yeah," I say with a quirked eyebrow.

"We should see if my mom allows her to go to a friends house."

"Fine. But you can call and ask since you want alone time so badly," I say then he almost immediately goes to the kitchen to get the house phone and call his mom.

This is going to be the first time being alone with Colby in a long time. Should I worried?

Hey guys so this book won! I'll be working on this book until it is finished and then I'm going to release my new one which I'm really excited about and I hope it doesn't flop. I'm sorry this was a boring filler chapter I promise that the next chapter will be interesting.

Also, sorry for taking so long to update but I've been busy. Two days ago I went to Warped Tour and it was so much fun. I got to see so many bands I love and it was the best thing. I was pretty close to the stage for most of the bands too which was awesome. I haven't been able to listen to anyone's music though because I'm so upset that it's over. Hell, I'm still wearing a wrist band I got that let me see one of my favorite bands a second time.

I also met Brennen and Elton and I didn't even think I would've been able to since I didn't pay for it or anything. When I saw them at their merch stand I almost died.

Ugh, I'm just rambling about shit that no one cares about so I'll just leave.

Oh yeah, don't forget to vote and comment!

X Grace