Twenty

Colby's POV
I sit on the bed, facing away from Elizabeth with a cigarette in my mouth. I couldn't sleep last night for some reason... it's been happening a lot. I sigh as I take the cigarette out of my mouth then place it between my lips again then I Elizabeth shuffle.

"Mm, Colby?" she groans lazily.

"Sorry, doll, did I wake you?" I ask as I turn to her.

"Kinda but it's okay," she says then eyes my cigarette, "do you think I could try that for a minute? I could really use it."

"Uh... yeah sure," she sits up and I lean over to give it to her. She takes it from me, examining it before placing it in her mouth. Never in a million years did I think that she would ever smoke. She hasn't even coughed at all and I'm super impressed.

"Here, I'm done," she says as she hands the cigarette back to me.

"Did that help with your problem?" I ask, placing the cigarette back in between my lips.

"Yeah, I guess so," she shrugs. I lay down on my side next to her as she just lays there staring at the ceiling.

"Something on your mind?" I ask, my hand goes to her hair to play with it.

"Y- yeah but it's nothing."

"No, babe, tell me," I pout.

"D- do you think we could go out and do something today?"

"Is that even a question? Of course we can." I smile.

We get out of bed to get ready to head out to the mall. The car ride there is quite eventful as we sing along to the radio the whole time.

"You've got quite the voice," I chuckle, climbing out of the car.

"Well thank you," she giggles.

When we enter, we go to one of Elizabeth's favorite stores, American Eagle. She tries on shorts and pants for what feels like an hour before she decides on a few things and pays before we go to the food court. While I stand in the Taco Bell line I see Jake and his friends coming towards me.

"Hey, Brock," Jake says as he pats me on the back.

"Hey, Webber," I reply.

"Hey Elizabeth," he greets and she shoots him a smile. "So, whatcha been up to today?"

"Oh you know. Just shopping with my girl," I say, wrapping my arm around Elizabeth, bringing her closer to me.

"Oh fun fun," he chuckles. "Well, I gotta run it was nice seeing you man."

"Nice seeing you too." We stand in line, feeling like it's taking forever as I let out a yawn.

"Tired?" Elizabeth quips.

"Yeah, I haven't been sleeping that well lately," I confess, rubbing the back of my neck. "I don't even really know why that's the thing."

"I understand. That sometimes happens to me," she says. "How about we just spend the rest of the day at home while you try to sleep since it seems likes your practically falling asleep right now."

"That sounds nice."

"Then come on. Let's go."

Hey, guys, guess who finally updated! Me! Sorry if this chapter was bad or boring. I tried my best to make it as entertaining as I could.

Also, I saw 5sos the other day and I'm having hardcore post-concert depression so that's fun! I don't have any pictures though because I couldn't get any good ones from where I was sitting but I do have lots of videos lmao.

One last thing, please comment what book you would like me to update next because I have no idea which one I should and it would really me out help a lot!

Anyways, I do hope you enjoyed this update! Please vote and comment!

X Grace