Prologue Part Two

"Oh, you must be, Elizabeth!"

"Uh, yeah that's me,"I say awkwardly has I rub my arm out of uncomfortableness.

"Have you met, Colby yet?"she asks and I nod my head."Great! Isn't he so nice? He used to bully a ton of kids at his school but I kept him away from them by online schooling him but he's a lot nicer now. So, you don't have to worry about him being as mean as he was,"she says while smiling. I glance over at Colby who's glaring at me. I better not say anything to screw this up.

"Yeah, C- Colbys really nice,"I lie as I look at him to make sure he doesn't look like he's about to punch me. Instead, he continues to glare at me. For some reason I feel so small and scared to move or speak another word. He has this type of affect on me that I can't explain but I don't like it.

"Oh, I'm so glad you two are getting along,"Colby's mom says excitedly while clapping her hands in amusement.

Damn, this woman is very perky.

"Mom, I think you're scaring her,"Colby jokes as he continues to glare at me.

I mouth a 'stop' but he never detaches his eyes off of me. I let out a soft huff, not loud enough for his mom to hear.

"I'm sorry. I'm just really excited for Colby to finally have a friends around since it's been so long."

"It's ok,"I smile.

"Ok, well dinner is going to be done around 6:00 so I'll call you guys when it's ready. Colby, why don't you show her your room?"

"My room?"Colby says with his eyes almost popping out of their sockets.

"That's where she's going to be staying,"she explains.

"What about me?"he asks.

"You'll be sleeping in your room too."

"Why can't she sleep in your room?"

"Because, I don't want a teenager staying in my room!"

"We really need a guest room. Wait, can't she just sleep on the couch?"

Ms. Brock gasps,"Colby, that's rude! She's a guest and she's sleeping in your room!"

"Fine, whatever,"he rolls his eyes,"let's go."

"I- I'm fine with sleeping o- on the couch,"I tell Ms. Brock.

"No, honey, it's alright. I don't want you to be uncomfortable."

I'll be more uncomfortable sleeping in Colby's room.

"Oh, ok,"I mumble as I follow Colby upstairs, grabbing my things along the way.

Once we get to his room I plop my things onto the floor then sit in his bed.

"What do you think you're doing?"he asks.

"Sitting,"I say bluntly causing him to let out a loud huff.

"Not on my bed,"he says then shoves me off causing me to land on my butt.

"Ow! My ass hurts now. Thanks, dumbass,"I say while trying to get into a comfortable position.