Chapter 2

Hi guys *waves*

Hope you like this chapter. Don't forget to vote and tell me what you think!

Thank you escapism for the lovely banner^^

-----

~Aya

I woke up the next morning my head feeling heavy. I was thinking about Jace all night, so I hadn't slept well. Pulling on a plain white shirt and denim jeans, I walked down the castle's hallways to reach the garden. The guards and servants bowed their heads in respect as I walked by. I don't really like feeling superior, but I got used to it.

Reaching the garden, my eyes roamed the place. We were having breakfast together. Everyone was there except for one person. Is he not coming? I mentally smacked myself. I shouldn't keep thinking about him. He'll eventually find his mate and break my heart.

I came near the big table fixed at the center of the garden. It was covered with a silk white sheet and had red roses put in small vases on top of it. Two seats were empty at the very end. I sat there having no other choice.

"Good morning," I enthusiastically greeted.

"Good morning princess," My dad softly responded. Being king, my dad has to keep a straight composure and a serious face. But when he's with us, his affectionate side surfaces. I returned his smile with a smile of my own.

"Aya dear, have you seen Jace?" Queen Lydia, Jace's mom asked.

Before I could say a word, Aunt Claudia, my mom's best friend replied.

"He'll come, don't worry." She stared at me amusingly. Mom couldn't keep her mouth shut and spilled everything to Aunt Claudia. She practically can't hide anything from her.

I looked down blushing. The footsteps I heard made me look up, and there he was. Today he wore more casual clothes, just like the rest of us. I tried my best to keep my eyes set on his face but that tight black shirt he wore made things a lot harder.

"Sorry I'm late." And he took a seat next to me.

Breakfast went smooth. Like always, we didn't get to talk much because of our parents. King Bryson kept talking about pack business and rogues hoping to find a solution soon. He didn't want the rogues to stay wandering all over his kingdom, so he thought it was best to make them join packs.

I excused myself and went to my chamber.

-----

Later, I decided to go shopping downtown. Maybe I'll get distracted and stop thinking about Jace.

I didn't tell my parents since they'll order guards to stay with me. I wanted to feel independent for once. Entering my favorite boutique, I tried on a velvet lace dress. Definitely buying it. It hugged my figure perfectly revealing my long hidden curves. I'm more of a baggy shirt and jeans girl, so dresses aren't my thing. Hopefully, Jace might find me attractive.

Darn it Aya!

I paid for it and decided to discover the town. The buildings were of a three story height at maximum each sizzled in mesmerizing mosaic stones. Every building was a demonstrate of a different art concept. A specific one caught my eye the most. It was an arrangement of stones portraying an alone wolf in a field. I wonder what it meant.

My gaze finally drifted from the portrait and onto the abandoned road. My gut twisted, something didn't fell right., I turned around to know expecting someone behind me. Instead, no one was there. I probably should return to the castle. I gasped nearly forgetting my phone in the back of my pocket.