Chapter 31

Important A/N at the end.

~Aya

Running. Something was after me and I was running fast, my breath becoming short. I didn't know where I was going, but as long as my legs carried me to a place far away from the darkness after me, I couldn't care less.

I whimpered in fear hearing their vicious growls but nonetheless didn't stop. Tears streamed down my face, my vision became blurry, the forest turning into a blur of colors.

But I tripped, my foot stuck in one of the trunk branches and I let out a strangled sound as I hit the ground. I tried getting up, ferociously tugging my leg out of the it, staring at the creatures coming nearer and nearer.

I managed to get my foot out, but they were so close –too close to be able to outrun them. Even if I to a go at it, they would capture me but I stood up and sprinted anyway. The snapping and jarring of their jaws grew louder, more threatening, and victorious.

Just as the forest's narrow exist came into view, they pounced forcefully knocking me down onto the ground, my head violently hitting a rocky surface. The last thing I saw was their wicked red eyes.

My head hammered just like the aftermath of getting wasted. I was surrounded with muffled but hushed voices, almost inaudible but they were there. I groaned prying open my eyes but shut them close instantly for they felt so heavy.

"Aya –oh thank goodness, she's awake." I recognized the worry filled voice to be my mom's. Another groan escaped my lips, this time being from opening my eyelids only to find myself practically being ambushed by three sets of anxious irises.

Leila, Vixen, and of course my mom's.

Vixen was staring at me calculatingly, as if he was analyzing a puzzle. Leila had an ultra-shocker expression of her face looking like she was deliberating whether she wanted to scream out of joy or fire questions at me.

And last comes mom with nothing but softness dilating her pupils, a simple yet heartwarming smile spread in her face. But I stiffened, realization dawning onto me as I remembered last night.

Silhouettes. Red eyes. Forest. Blackness. Was I dreaming or was it real?

"What happened?" My voice came out croaked. Leila and mom exchanged a wary glance and mom sighed.

"We found you passed out in the morning darling. The doctor came and checked on you, he says it may have been because of tiredness." I nodded rigidly, pulling myself up.

"Stay, you need some rest Aya." Mom scolded disapprovingly. I felt like a dog being taught how to perform tricks.

"Mom, you're acting like I've been through a trauma. Relax, I'm perfectly fine." I got up covering her hand with my own.