Chapter 6

I put my heart out in this chapter. Phewww. It took a lot to finish it, but thankfully it's done.

I want to thank recklessrebellion- for the beautiful banner!

Please vote and comment!

This is my longest chapter so far.

Word count: 2179

***

~Aya

Vixen an I went to the medical wing. Luckily, the burn hadn't hurt that much considering that I had just been hit by a fire ball. It stringed of course, but the pain was bearable.

Neither of us talked all the way up until we reached our destination.

The medical wing was like a small infirmary equipped with all sorts of medication. Pain killers, antibiotics, creams and the list goes on. Much like any infirmary, all of it was plain white except for the bed which was a pale shade of blue.

I watched as Vixen rummaged through the cabinets at the upper right of where he was standing and pulled out what seemed to be an antibiotic ointment. He came to my side and applied the ointment on the burn area of my arm. I winced as the ointment touched my skin but relaxed afterwards as the area numbed.

Finishing his task, Vixen returned the antibiotic to its place. When he turned around, he crossed his arms, a determined look on his face.

"Care to tell me what's happening between you and lover boy?" He was referring to Jace. I rolled my eyes but frankly, I didn't know whether it's a good idea telling him or not.

"He's just a friend." I protested but even I didn't believe the words coming out of my mouth. I was hoping Vixen would drop the subject, but knowing him, he wouldn't.

I groaned when I saw him arching his eyebrows daring me to lie. I have no way out.

This guy knows me too well.

Figuring out I had no choice but to spill the beans, I began talking.

"Look, the moment he arrived something felt different. I tried denying it but day by day it seemed too obvious to avoid. He became more and more protective. Whenever we speak, a glint in his eyes appears. Every time I talk to a man, he fumes in anger.

He wraps an arm around me as if telling every male in this castle to back off. Hell, even the guards are afraid to look at me when he's around." I proclaimed. Vixen was all ears but said nothing as he knew there was more to come.

"Plenty of times he wanted to tell me something but decided not to. Sometimes, it feels as if he's having an inner battle with himself. I have feelings for him, you know I do but everything is so vague right now." I murmured. I slumped my shoulders feeling defeated.

I was so lost in thought that I didn't notice Vixen shifting to sit next to me. It wasn't until he cleared his throat that I fell out of my trance. To my surprise, he wore a one-million-dollar lottery winning smile.

"Well aren't you in love." He stated in a matter of fact tone.

"I'm not in love!" I snapped but by the twinkle in his eyes, I knew he wasn't buying it.

"You are so in love babygirl," He teased, "and denying your feelings only proves my point even more." Catching my glare, Vixen chuckled. He was starting to get on my nerves.