Chapter 23

~Aya

I often tell myself not to make any assumptions before hearing from both sides of the story. Assuming usually leads to a huge down fall, especially in relationships.

But of course, easier said than done.

A relationship is built on trust, and because I blindly trust Jace with all my heart, I'm definite he wouldn't do something as foolish as kissing someone behind my back.

I tried not to let her words get to me, but then again why would she lie about such a serious issue that could get her in trouble if Jace or his father knew. She isn't dumb, not at all, the blaze in her eyes I noticed revealed her true self.

The victorious smirk never left that girl's –Veronica's face. I wanted to slap the hell out of her, but refrained against it since it'll make me appear as the bad guy.

Leila wanted to give her a piece of her mind but I grabbed her wrist before shit happens. I didn't mind watching Veronica get tied up by tree branches or have a hurl of bees attack that thick skull of hers, but it won't do us any good. 

"Can you believe that stuck up bitch?" Demanded Leila, ferocity still present in her eyes.

I remained silent, too caught up in my own thoughts.

"Aya?" Her worried tone didn't go unnoticed.

"I need to speak with Jace." I said staring into clear distance. I didn't know how much longer I'll be able to keep my temper in check, it's craving to be unleashed.

The thoughts running in my head were no sprinkles and sunshine, and in order to keep my sanity, I need answers immediately.

"Don't tell me you believe her." I sighed saying nothing. I don't know, do I?

"You do?! You're smarter than that Aya! She's only saying that to ruin things between you and Jace." She stomped her foot, angrily staring at me.

"It's not like I'm going to do anything stupid, Lei. I just want to talk to him and see what the hell was she talking about." I grumbled turning my head to look at the castle.

There's one way to find out whether she's saying the truth or not, and I only hope Jace won't disappoint.

***

Aunt Lydia told me Jace should be in his study by this time. So, here I was, impatiently drumming my fingers against the arm chair waiting for him to walk down the red carpet.

Leila insisted on making me eat vanilla ice-cream, my favorite, practically shoving it into my mouth to let my anger subside. It worked, well kind off, I was still furious with Jace.

I reminded myself that I must stay composed and not let my anger get the best of me, hearing his side of the story is necessary. My eyes scanned his study, impressed with the amount of books Jace owned.