Chapter 27

~Jace

I leaned over the railing admiring the view ahead of me. You can see what's beyond the forest surrounding the castle at the terrace situated at the top floor. The city's lights shimmered from such a long distance and mesmerizing it was.

Suffice to say, I did a nice job with the decorations. Everything was just as I wanted our first date to be, the only missing piece of the puzzle being Aya's presence.

I sighed angrily, mostly disappointed in myself. I'm an idiot, I admit. What I did was such an ass behavior, and I couldn't be more regretful.

There's no excuse to the way I acted. I couldn't take the pained look in her eyes when I yelled at her in such a horrible way out of my mind, it made me miserable. And the worst part is that I didn't know what happened to me back then because I never let my anger slip.

I still couldn't wrap my head around the fact that I hurt Aya to an extent that she avoided talking to me like I'm the plague. Every time we cross paths, she literally runs in the opposite directions ruining all my attempts to speak to her.

She had every right to walk away from me, that's the least I deserve anyway. First, I accused her of attacking Veronica not knowing that she was only defending herself. Then, I threw a tantrum about the possibility of a scandal if the reporters found out. And I actually had the nerve of snapping at her.

If there were any contests for the shittiest boyfriend on the planet, I'd be on the honorary list.

So after an urgent advising session with Vixen, who practically turned into a psychic, I knew I had to take mend things with Aya. Quickly.

"Diamonds are the key to a girl's heart." He said and not an hour later, I headed towards the finest jewelry store in the city. I was about to give up but then a necklace caught my eye. It was just as she liked them to be, simple yet outstanding. I wish I could've seen her face when she opened the small box I put the necklace in.

Buying it was somewhat like an 'I'm sorry' gesture. Think of it as a way to make her think things twice and willingly accept to come up here.

What can I say, Vixen is a mastermind.