Chapter 7

Hey guys! How everyone doing? So, sorry for the wait but this week has been a chaos. 😫

Anyway, if anyone likes to send me covers or banners for the story please inbox me! I'll be more than happy if you do so.

Don't forget to vote! ❤️

~Aya

It was very early in the morning, almost seven. Standing at the terrace, I took in a breath of fresh air enjoying the calmness of the castle. Yesterday, I kept myself locked inside my room. Jace texted me later at night checking if I was alright.

I didn't want him to think that I was ignoring him so I told him that I was fine just a little tired.

Suffice it to say, sleep was impossible last night. I tossed and turned waking up from endless nightmares. Uncle Gio's talk hit me and it hit me hard. It's not easy to digest that some beasts want me to destroy the supernatural world. Moreover, they want to get to me because they think I could control gravity. 

Gravity.

Deep down I knew uncle Giovanni's words were true for he's never mistaken. Being the king of angels, his visions were always correct. I weighed my choices, deliberating what I should do.

My first choice was to lock myself up inside the castle for the time being. I wanted to convince myself that it's not that much of a bad choice but failed miserably. I can spend all of my time locked up.

My second choice was to run away and live in disguise; Change my name, change my looks, change everything. Yeah, that could work.

I groaned, it won't work out.

"Why are you up this early?" I squealed jumping from my place. I put a hand on my heart in attempt to calm myself down. Jace stared at me, amused at my sudden shriek. I hadn't noticed he was here all along.

"For heaven's sake Jace, you frightened me!" I exclaimed.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you." His voice was strained and by the bags under his eyes, it was obvious he didn't have enough sleep.

"Are you okay?" He asked coming closer to stand next to me.

"Yeah, just couldn't sleep." He nodded running a hand through his ruffled hair.

"You look tired." I commented.

"I couldn't sleep. I had a lot of things on my mind." I understood what he was talking about. I remained silent, not really knowing that to say. Should I tell him about yesterday or not? Hesitant, I decided to speak.

"Jace, I know about the fiare." The moment I said that, his whole body tensed.

"I heard everything. From the footprints you found in the forest to the beasts wanting to destroy all of us." I continued. He clenched his jaw and squinted his eyes possibly remembering the meeting. He looked straight into me, his eyes holding a lot of emotions. Anger, uncertainty, and worry.

"How?" I fidgeted trying to look anywhere but him.

"There's kind of a secret pathway that leads to my father's office. I was really curious to know what was happening especially after you left to the forest. I was worried and a maid told me you were at my father's office." I scratched my head feeling like a kid caught eating tons of candy.

"You never change Aya." The corners of my lips twitched. I stared at him trying to find any trace of a smile but instead, a neutral demeanor masked his face. Instantly, my smile fell.

"I want you to know that I will always be by your side. Those beasts will never get to you." He turned around, now facing me.

"But they were the ones that put the paper inside my room." I stared into his green orbs. The moment those words made their way out of my mouth, anger flashed through his eyes. He breathed in and out, undoubtedly calming his wolf.

"I know and that's what confusing me. I think there's someone inside the castle helping them." My eyes widened in horror. Terrified, I suddenly felt like running away and hiding in a corner where no one can find me. Jace realized my discomfort.

"But I'm not sure of it yet." 

So now I'm threatened inside my own home. Can my life get any better? Note the sarcasm. Everything was too much to handle at the moment. Knowing that someone is after you, beasts in specific, is not easy.

It's shitty, I told myself. 

"No one will harm you Aya, not when I'm alive." His words held a promise. If he weren't a werewolf, I would have suspected him reading minds.

I smiled feeling a gush of relief washing over me. His presence made me feel safe, protected.

But wait, aren't the kings and queens leaving today? My eyes widened as realization hit me. 

"Aren't you leaving today?" I questioned but it seemed as a demand.

Suddenly, Jace's features changed. The thin line of his pursed lips turned into a wide grin and the glint in his eyes returned. It felt as if I were suffocating. Tears welled up in my eyes as the sudden feeling of betrayal hit me. So, I was a burden on his shoulders and he's happy about leaving. I spun my heel and began walking towards the inside but a grip on my arm stopped me. 

"Where do you think you're going?" He demanded, confusion written all over his face.

I nearly cursed myself as a tear escaped my eye and trailed down my cheek. Instantly, Jace's grip on my arm loosened. His hand, so soft, moved to rest on my cheek and wipe the tear away. I looked at him trying my best to control my emotions. I didn't want to cry in front of him. 

"Why are you crying love?" I bit my lip avoiding his stare.

"You want to get out of here and leave me." I choked out.

Suddenly, I was pulled to his chest with both of his hands wrapping themselves around me. I stood still for a second, my heart about to burst but wasted no time in hugging him back. Breathing in his scent, I blushed as I heard him chuckle.

"I'm staying Aya, I'm not leaving you." His words were genuine.

"Really?" He nodded. My face broke out into a huge grin and this time, I was the one to throw myself in his arms. Saying I was content was an understatement, I felt ecstatic. I didn't know what came over me but knowing that he was staying made my day.

The way Jace was looking at me reminded me of how my parents look at each other; adoration. I gasped. Could it be?

His eyes trailed down to my lips lingering there for a moment before making their way up to my eyes again. Both of our gazes locked together.

"Aya, I need to tell you something." He murmured.

This is it. He's going to tell me how he truly feels. 

He came closer, his lips almost touching mine.

"Prince Jace, princess Aya. Their majesty are requesting your presence. The kings and queens will depart soon." Both Jace and I jumped from our places at the sudden interruption. Barbra was standing at the very end of the terrace, staring at us suspiciously. Not saying anything else, she quickly turned around and disappeared inside the castle.

I could feel my cheeks turning a shade of pink. Glancing at Jace from the corner of my eyes, he had his hands placed inside his pockets, whispering profanities to himself.

An awkward silence filled the air.

"Um, d-do you want to go inside?" I stuttered. Take a grip of yourself Aya!

"After you." He smiled a little but it didn't reach his eyes making me groan inwardly.

Guess I have to wait a little longer for him to confess his feelings.

***

Tell me what do you guys think!

Love,
-Sally.❤️