Chapter 40

~Aya

He's awake.

I didn't move a limb, staring into those tender green eyes while managing to convince myself that this is real, I'm not imagining things. Jace is up from his coma and is looking at me with so much longing that made my heart race.

Jace is awake – Oh my gosh, he's awake!

"Jace!" I probably looked like a kangaroo as I jumped on the bed but I couldn't care less. My lips landed on his in an instant and I smiled when I sensed his surprise, but nonetheless kept my lips planted on his.

He responded quickly, pressing his lips harder, expressing his urgent need to taste my lips; to savor the taste of them. His hand snaked around my neck, pulling me closer and deepening the kiss, making me feel how much he missed me over those awful days. He cupped my cheek, his tongue tracing my lower lip and I keenly parted my lips, giving in to him.

The tingles returned, that amazing feeling of our lips connecting came back to me after a long wait, and I loved every single second of it. I gripped his shoulder and moaned feeling his hand rest on my bum and squeeze tightly.

We broke apart soon after, both in need of air but at the same time wanting more and more. It's not until he winced that my eyes lingered on the patched and covered wound, my mouth opening slightly in horror. I totally forgot about his injury.

"Don't move, I'm going to get the doctor to check on you okay?" I said hurriedly, my eyes moving from his chest up to his face, the pain present moments ago changing into a look of dismay.

"Don't go. The doctor will come either way to check up on me, right now I want us alone." His raspy voice brought tingles down my spine. Even though he just woke up from a coma but damn he sounds super sexy. I snapped out of it, a blush creeping its way to my face, and tried to wipe out any thought that might make me blush deeper.

Note that I tried and trust me it's not as easy as it looks, not when your boyfriend is lying half naked and staring at you intensely, holding so much desire that you think that he'll ravish you senseless right there.

Yeah, that.

"Come here." He patted the place on the bed next to him, pulling himself up in a sitting position, definitely in pain. I bit my lip feeling my own chest constricting at the sight of him, I wish I can make his pain fade away, only if.

I came nearer but still he wasn't satisfied with the space between us, the raise of his eyebrows said it all and without saying another word, he wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me closer. Turning to look at him, I instantly giggled seeing that boyish grin on his face and snuggled closer to him, throwing my hand over his toned stomach eagerly but at the same time carefully.

"I was so worried Jace, I thought –I thought I was going to lose you. The doctor said that you'll eventually wake up but he wasn't so sure about the effects of the wolfs bane on your body." I murmured against his chest. Tears gathered in my eyes, remembering the doctor saying exactly so.