Chapter 30

~Aya

Any conversation that includes Veronica or the idea of her means trouble. If a person catches a glimpse of her, they get an unmistakable feeling that shit is around the corner waiting for a snap of her fingers to attack. Yeah, to that extent.

It's not because I hate her guts –well maybe a little –that I think of her badly. From the first second I saw her, I knew there's a twisted underlying evilness behind her sweet facade.

And the fact that she's gone missing adds to my suspicions. Seriously though, who would want to kidnap a look alike barbie with a voice that leads to eardrum explosion. Exactly.

"What do you mean by missing? She's not an angel, she can't disappear into thin air just like that. Why don't you check the mall, I'm positive you'll find her in the skimpy lingerie section." Leila waved her hand off and returned to skimming her instagram.

"Leila, I'm being serious. There's a big possibility that someone kidnapped her." Vixen deadpanned, sending Leila a hard look. Leila only snorted not giving the matter any importance.

"Don't worry if someone kidnapped her then they'll return her by noon, you can count on it. Unless they're going to use her as a play toy then trust me, she won't be the one that wants to come back." I tried to hide my laugh but with that stupid grin smacked on Leila's face I couldn't but burst out laughing. She too was laughing silently, her shoulders shaking slightly.

"As much as I adore your sense of humor Leila, but this is serious." He crossed his arms over his chest, his muscles flexing through the tight dark blue sweater he wore.

"Aren't there cameras all over the castle?" I asked, crossing a leg over another. That's when Jace strolled in, his eyes blazing furiously and his lips pressed into a thin line.

"We checked everything, but there's no trace of her on the surveillance cameras. My father and I think that they went through one of the underground tunnels hence why the recorded videos showed nothing." He explained, his shoulders rigid.

"Any witnesses?" Vixen turned to Jace and he shook his head.

"Not yet. We interrogated the entire staff but to vain. Her personal maiden last saw her yesterday night, other than that we got nothing." Jace rubbed his temples, seemingly stressed with the whole situation.

"Who would want to kidnap her?" I asked and Leila snorted, the only thing keeping her from spilling whatever's on her mind was Vixen's warning glare. Clearly, she and I thought of the same thing.

A psycho.

"That's what I'm not understanding. By now everyone in the kingdom knows you're my mate, so I find no reason for anyone to kidnap her." He intently stared at the blank wall behind me looking deep in thought.