Chapter 4

Hi guys!

I'm getting excited since the good parts of the story have just begun *wiggle eyebrows*

Plus, I'm thinking about updating every three or four days.

The above photo is for Vixen. You'll get to know him by the end of the chapter. 😍😍

~Aya

A week had passed. A week in which Jace had become a pain in my royal ass. At first, I thought him becoming my so called 'guardian' would be pleasant. Damn the day I told him about the letter.

"Aya, move it! You have training today." The banging on the door had me on my feet. I checked the clock and my eyes widened. I was already thirty minutes late. Well I wanted to get on Jace's nerves and let him wait but not this long. I wonder what he's going to do, act as if I'm invisible to teach me a lesson or just yell. Either way, I don't really care. 

"Serves him right." I snickered.

Opening the door, I was greeted with Jace's flaring eyes. He sure doesn't like to wait. Trying my best to play innocent, I put on my best weapon; puppy dog eyes.

"I have training today?" The corners of his lips twitched. He knew I was doing this on purpose.

I took in his figure. He was wearing denim jeans and a plain V neck white shirt. White has become his signature color, I mused. 

"Let's go. Your trainer has waited enough already." I nodded and followed him.

Training is the worst part of being a princess. I thought of skipping numerous times but my mother would just drag me down to the arena. Having to spend hours in attempt to control your element drains all energy. The only element I can control is fire. Most witches can control more than one element but I guess I've taken more of my father's powers than my mother's.

Fire of all elements, is the most challenging. If you don't know how to control it, it can burn you; literally. I've had a couple of incidents that ended up to either having a burn or burning something in the castle.

"Ah princess, you're finally here." My trainer's voice, Vixen, got me out of my trance.

"I was beginning to think that you skipped." His coffee brown eyes stared at me with a glimpse of playfulness. His hands were crossed and by the looks of it, he was expecting me to explain my lateness. Like always, his hair was gelled and neat. Rolling my eyes at his snarky comment, I shot him a shut up glare. Not only is Vixen my trainer, but he also is my one of my closest friends. Being a princess has its pros but it sure has a lot of cons. Mainly not being able to make a lot of friends since most want it either for the spotlight or for the money. It's devastating really.

Vixen is practically the same age as Jace, only a year older. 

"No, no. I wouldn't miss training with the glorious Vixen now would I?" I teased, sarcasm dripping from each word.

"Just for your information babygirl, girls would die to be in your place." He grinned flexing his biceps. Before I could respond, a growl erupted from Jace's chest. Vixen looked at him skeptically. 

"Care to introduce us, babygirl." Jace's voice was low, almost threatening. He clenched and unclenched his fists, knuckles turning white. He was furious. Wait, do I sense some sort of jealousy?

I cleared my throat, trying my best to hide the smile tugging my lips.

"Jace, this is Vixen my trainer and best friend," I turned to face Vixen. "Vixen, this is Jace, the prince of werewolves." I stressed on the 'prince' to warn him not to misbehave and get on Jace's nerves but it only made things worse.

I yelped in surprise as Vixen wrapped his arm around my shoulder. Immediately, I elbowed him and got out of him grasp. Narrowing my eyes, I put both hands on my hips.

"Really Vixen?" He snorted. I intently watched Vixen as his features turned more serious. He put his fist on his heart and lowered his gaze.

"Your highness." He addressed. It is common for warriors to put their fist on their heart as a gesture of respect and loyalty whenever they cross paths with a royal. Vixen, being a warrior and one of the strongest in our kingdom, followed the notion as well.

Jace only nodded paying little attention. He was staring at me, many emotions clouding his eyes.

"Um, let's start training." I adverted my gaze to Vixen, who was busy analyzing Jace's features. Trying my best to avoid Jace's death glare, I hurriedly walked to the center of the arena and waited for Vixen's instructions.

***

"You have to concentrate Aya!" Vixen yelled. It has been more than an hour and a half and my energy was drained. Opening the palm of my hand, I took a deep breath and generated fire. Vixen did the same but waited for me to strike.

Jace was sitting not too far, his eyes following every move I took.

I attacked, fire pooling its way out of the palm of my hand. Vixen was quick to dodge the flames and wasted no time attacking back. The ground erupted in flames as he created fire bolts. Before it could reach me, I blocked its path with a fire wall.

Next, I was surrounded by a ring of flames and fire balls were thrown in my direction. I managed to avoid most of them but one hit my left arm. Wincing in pain, I stared at the burn to check if it were something serious.

"Hold your fire!" I screamed and the fire ring instantly vanished. When I first started training, Vixen and I agreed that whenever I get hurt, I would yell hold your fire.

Jace seemed to notice the pain on my face as for he was next to me in a matter of seconds. He stared at the burn worriedly.

Checking a burn, I sighed. It will need a couple of days to heal.

"We need to get that treated." He grumbled.

"It's nothing really, I've had worse." I said attempting to sound fine but failed miserably. I noticed Vixen standing right next to Jace. Grabbing my arm, he stared intently at my wound.

"It's a first degree burn. We need to place a cool compress on it to avoid swelling." He stated.

"Why thanks doctor!" I snapped. I hated when this happened. Sure I've gotten used to burns but I don't want to go over the pain process again. I groaned realizing how the next few hours will pass. Just what I needed.

"I'm only trying to help, babygirl." He grinned trying to lighten the mood. This boy is something.

"Let's see who'll be needing help when I kick your ass." He snorted looking at me from top to bottom and barked a laugh. Dumbass.

Jace didn't say anything. He just looked back and forth at us with clear amusement. Maybe he'll stop feeling jealous and realize that Vixen and I are like brother and sister.

Ha! As if. This is Jace we're talking about.

"Aya, we have to-" Suddenly, he posed turning rigid. By the looks of it, he was mind linking someone. The familiar dark green eyes of his wolf appeared and straightaway, I knew bad news was coming.

"I have to go." He stiffly said.

"What's wrong?" He shook his head and ran a hand through his ruffled hair.

"I'll tell you later. Take care love." He kissed the top of my head and smiled trying to assure me sensing my uneasiness. Jace and Vixen exchanged glances and Vixen smiled knowingly. Jace wanted him to stay beside me until his return.

And then he disappeared into the forest.

We went back to the castle and Vixen took care of my arm. The moment he placed the compress on it, the throbbing faded.

"Care to explain about lover boy?" I looked up at him and scowled.

"Drop it." I warned making him chuckle.

"We have a lot of talking to do baby girl."

Please don't forget to voteeeeeeee.

I'm considering changing the book's title to make it more catchy. What do you think? 🤔

And Vixen, I'm in loooove with his character.💜