Chapter 12

Thank you all for the votes and comments! I have the best readers.❤️

~Aya

I stared at the tall man in front of me, lost in whether or not I should accept his proposal. With shoulder length black hair and sun kissed skin tone, it was nearly impossible for any girl to resist his charm. His eyes were so cold yet so vivid, an ice blue containing splashes of fire red. Something about his aura screamed danger, but not being able to turn him down, I simply nodded.

"Of course." Putting my hand in his extended one, I gracefully stood up. He lead us to the dance floor, positioning his arms the same way Jace had done. But his touch was nothing like Jace. Even though his hand was warm and quite welcoming, but the warmness of Jace's touch was incomparable.

"You truly are as beautiful as rumors say. The most beautiful I had set my eyes on." He remarked. I smiled meekly at his approach, not wanting to appear rude. His complimenting words meant nothing. Any other girl my place would have blushed, but as my heart belonged to one specific person, his words had no effect on me.

"I apologize for my ill manners. My name is Silas Marius, a noble from the north." Removing my gaze off the couples dancing around us, I stared into his penetrating icy eyes. They were digging deep into my soul.

"Pleasure to meet you Sir Marius." I murmured. He smiled a dazzling smile and continued swaying us to the beat. I hoped the music would end soon because something about this man didn't seem right.

"I heard that the werewolf prince was staying in the castle." Now that got my attention. He clearly noticed that by the way his eyes lit in satisfaction.

"Yes that's true. May I ask for the cause of this question?" I asked. He shrugged his shoulders, his lips twitching upwards.

"Nothing in specific." I raised my eyebrows at that because it was plain clear that there was a motive behind his question. Letting the matter drop, I continued dancing with him counting the minutes until the music finishes.

The entire dance, I didn't look at him. Instead, I promptly stared at the scar on the right side of his neck hidden by the dark locks of his hair.

"How did you get the scar on your neck?" I blurted out. I nearly smacked myself at my bluntness. His face held shock but in less than a second, he quickly masked it with a smile. And it wasn't a convivial one.

"I'm quite impressed your highness. No one usually notices the scar. And to answer your question, training can get a little too – rough." He said, finding the right words. For some reason, I couldn't believe him. His eyes held a lot of secrets and by their glow, my intuition knew they were dark ones.

"Oh," I said, though I wanted to ask many more questions concerning this training.

The music's sound faded into silence. Silas stepped closer, surprising me by taking my hand in his. He raised it until his lips placed a soft kiss on the top of it. His hair hung down, covering any expression prevailing on his face.

I wanted to snatch my hand away from his grasp, to make him go away. But I knew I couldn't do so. Stepping backwards, Silas bowed and I curtsied in return.

"It was a pleasure, your highness."

"Thank you, Sir Silas." I plastered the most convincing smile I could muster.

"Oh please, call me Silas." My brows furrowed in confusion at his statement. Taking note of my irritated expression, he chuckled making my frown deepen even more. I found no humor in his words.