18.

Previously

I tiptoe outside to meet Calem face to face, his grin wider than before.

"Hey baby, are you ready for you punishment?"

--------------------------------

I feel my whole body freeze and my mind blank.

Be strong Serena.
You can get through this.
It's just like every other time.

I take a shaky breath and nod, looking into his cold eyes.

He'll only do it for an hour or two.
I'll be fine.
Hopefully.

But what if he...

No he wouldn't do that again.
Would he?

"Come on then, bitch."
I gulp and follow him to the side of the cabin, where I see a rope hanging from the roof.

He's not going to..
No way he'd do that..

"Get over there before I punish you for even longer!"
He bellows into my ear, making me flinch away and hurriedly walk over to the rope.

"Arms up!" He shouts and I put my arms up, bracing myself for the pain.

He latches onto my wrists and shoves me into the side of the cabin, wrapping the rope tightly around my hands, pain running through my whole body.

I can handle this.
I'm used to it.
I can handle this.
I just have to keep myself awake.
I can do this.

"Oi bitch look at me!!"
He slaps me across the cheek, blood rushing to my face as the sharp pain makes me whimper quietly.
"I said look at me!!"
He slaps me again on the same cheek and I look up at him, trying to keep the tears in.

I have to be strong.
I can't let him take over me again.
I have to keep the pain inside.

"Now you listen here slut."
He growls into my ear, his frosty breath sending shivers down my spine.
"If ever touch another mans lips again, I'll make sure you're never able to feel again. Cause I'll kill you! Got it!?"
I meekly nod and I shut my eyes, ready for the punches.

He always punches first when he punishes me.
It's so he can make me weak.

I feel the first hit against my stomach.

Like he always does.

Multiple others are thrown into my abdomen.

There's probably going to be a pretty big bruise there in the morning.

I bite my lip hard and endure the pain, bracing myself for the next hit.

He punches me in the jaw and stomach again, pushing his hand onto my neck and shoving me into the wall harder.

"You're going to be in so much pain at the end of this, and it's going to make me feel so good." He laughs, his eyes widening as he turns insane.

Calem has never been this crazy.
Him seeing that kiss must have turned him insane.

His grip tightens on my neck as he hits my head against the wall.
"I'm going to make you stop breathing, doesn't that sound fun."
He closes his hand around my neck, blocking my airways.
I shakily gasp for air, my body feeling weak and my vision blurring.

What was I thinking.
I can't beat this monster.

My eyes start to droop as my lungs burn inside of me, my body falling against the grip of Calems hand.

As I'm about to fall out of consciousness I hear a slam of a door as Calems grip leaves my neck, my body being now held up by my cold, bleeding hands.

I look up to see two blurry figures.
All I could make out was his hair.

Ash's hair.

A gentle smile locked onto my lips as he approaches me, pulling my hands out of the rope and grabbing my numb body before I fell.

I couldn't make out his words, they all sounded like mumbling.

I felt my head touch his chest, my body once again in his embrace.

I wanted to feel his warmth, his breath against my head.

But I couldn't feel anything.

I was numb.

I finally let my eyes droop as I fell into a peaceful sleep, happy that my Ash had come to save me.
To save me from that demon.

---------------------------------

I wake up as a rush of pain hits my head and stomach, a groan escaping my mouth.

Everything hurts..

"Serena."

I feel a hand touch my cheek as I weakly open my eyes, a strange burning sensation hitting my wrists.
I wonder wants wrong with them.

I look down groggily as I spot bandages wrapped across them as my memories flew back into my head.

Calem..
Calem came..

My breath hitches and I close my eyes, trying to forget the things I saw that night.

"Serena, are you ok?"
I open my again to see Ash beside me, his hand gently stroking my cheek.
"A-Ash.."

I feel a tear drops down the side of my cheek.
"T-Thankyou.. Thankyou for saving me.." "There's no need to thank me Serena. I should have come sooner."

I lift my hand towards him and gently wrap my fingers through his.

Ash stares into my eyes as he wipes the tears that fall down my cheeks, the warmth from his hand soothing me.

"Serena." "Yes Ash." "Please tell me what hurts, I wanted to check you but I didn't want to touch any part of you you didn't want me to touch."

I weakly smile.
Ash is so kind.

"My stomach hurts a lot and, I have a horrible headache." "Okay. Is it alright if I check your stomach?" "Y-yer, it's ok."

He slowly pushes my top up and looks at it in worry.
"W-what's wrong Ash?" "There's quite a lot of bruising there but I think after a few days it shouldn't be painful anymore."

He gently smiles at me he pushes my chin up.
"You still have a mark around your neck as well, but I'm sure it'll fade soon." "Ok. Thankyou Ash." "Anything for you Serena."

He gently rubs my jaw as I tighten the grip on his other hand, feeling safe with him.

I'm so glad that Ash came.

My knight in shining armour rescued me from the villain.

And I fell deeply in love with him.