36.

Previously

"What the hell are you doing here Serena!?" "Calem's going to kill you!! Get away Ash! He has a knife!"
As soon as the words come out of my mouth Calem runs toward Ash.
"Ash run!!"
I scream again as I run towards him as well, tears falling from my face.

I can't lose him..
He means so much to me..
There's no way I'd be able to livewithout him..

---------------------------------

"Run!!"
I scream again, my legs moving as fast as they can.

I can't let him die.
Not today.
He's my boyfriend.
I need to protect him.

Ash turns around sharply, now running towards Calem, causing the air in my lungs to stop.

What the hell is he doing?!

"Ash!!"
I cry, before Calem's knife comes crashing down on Ash.
I close my eyes and cry out, my knees collapsing underneath me.

He's not dead.
He can't be.

I open my eyes and look over, the smoke hiding both of them.

I can see a figure though, I don't know if it's Calem or Ash though.

I stand up and walk over shakily, trying to see who it is.
"A-Ash..?"
I whisper out, finally seeing the back of the person.
"Ash!!"
I run towards him, throwing my arms around his back and crying out in happiness.
"I'm so glad you're ok. God you worried me so much."
He turns around and smiles at me, hugging my body tightly.
"I'd never lose to a freak like him. I'll always be there to protect my little Sere."
I smile back and hug him even tighter.
"I'm just so glad you're still with me." "I am too Sere."
He gently pecks my head, soothing me of all my worries.

Apart from one.

"Where's Calem?" "I don't know, once I caught his knife he disappeared." "Oh."
I sharply look around, spotting someone in the distance.
"Is that him Ash..?" "Probably." "He's by our cabin." "Lets go deal with him then. Together." "Ok."
I grip onto his hand tightly as we walk over to our cabin.

I don't like where this is going.
Why would he just be standing outside.
It's like he knows we're going to go over there.

Wait..
That's it..

"Ash! Stop!"
I pull his arm sharply, stopping him in his tracks.
"What is it?" "It's a trap! He wants us to come over there!" "Serena it's not it's ok. We're going to deal with him together ok. Come on." "No Ash. It's a trap. It really is." "Serena."
He lifts my chin up gently, forcing me to look into his eyes.
"If it's a trap I'll protect you. Just because he has a knife doesn't mean he can beat me. We'll go over there together and show him who's boss."
He softly smiles at me as he intertwines our fingers together, pulling me against him as our lips touch in a loving kiss.

I pull away and smile back, now pulling him towards our cabin.
"Lets show him who's boss." "That's the spirit Sere."

---------------------------------

We reach the cabin, standing around a metre away from Calem.
"Well well, look who it is. Ash and Serena. Why are you even holding hands? You're not even dating!" "We are."
Ash speaks out gruffly, causing Calem's eyebrows to rise.
"Really? You're a thing now?" "Yeah, we are." "Ha ha!! That's great! It gives me even more of a reason to kill you now!!"
Ash pulls me behind him, my fingers latching onto the back of his top.
"Stay there Serena, I'll handle this ok." "But As-" "Trust me."
He looks into my eyes as I nod, letting go of his t-shirt and stepping back.

"If you want to even lay a finger on Serena you have to get through me first!" "Oh that would be easy! You hardly have any muscle on you at all! Do you even go to the gym?" "I do actually. So get over here and fight me!" "Oh no. Why in the world would I fight you There's another things that is even better than fighting you!" "And that's that?" "Killing you!!"

He lets out a laugh as he dashes towards Ash, his knife held above his head.
Ash slides back and avoids his attack, catching his wrist.
"I've got you now. How are you meant to stab me when you can't move your arm."
I see a smirk rise on Ash's lips as he pulls the knife from Calem's hand, pinning him against the cabin wall.
"I could kill you right now you know, and stop all this shit. I just want to live a happy life with my girlfriend and you're messing it up." "You can't kill me." "Oh I can." "I'd like to see you try." "Alright then."
Ash raises the knife, aiming for his head.
"Ash!! No!!"
I rush forward, grabbing his arm.
"Don't kill him! Please! Don't be a killer Ash!" "I'd rather be a killer then keeping you in all this danger! He's raped you Serena! He deserves to die!!"

I stand there, silence taking over till Calem speaks up, a smirk taking over his features.

"Are you standing up for me Serena? Guess you still have feelings for me then."