33.

Previously

"Bye Sere!"
He says again before closing the door and leaving me standing there with a smirking May.
"You are so friends with benefits."
My blush darkens even more.

He's such an idiot for kissing me in front of May.

I'm so gonna get revenge.

--------------------------------

I sit patiently waiting for Ash as I scroll through social media.

May left around ten minutes ago.
We spent a lot of time chatting and hanging out.

I'm really starting enjoy spending time with her.
She's such a funny and happy person.
I'm so glad she's my friend.

"Sere~"
I hear Ash coo as he walks into the bedroom, his arms opening wide for me.
I hop off my bed and run into his chest, my arms wrapping around him as he does the same.
"I missed you cutie." "I missed you too Ash."
I nuzzle his chest as he fiddles with the ends of my hair.
"How was your time with May?" "It was good. She's an awesome friend." "Yeah."
I pull away and look up into his urban eyes.
He just smiles at me and walks into the bathroom, giving me one of his cheesy grins.

I will forever love that grin.

I happily jump onto my bed and grab my phone, looking at my notifications.

My smile suddenly drops.

Calem..

I hesitantly click on the message and read it.

'Hey baby, how are you? I wanted to come and check on you tonight. That ok? It better be cause I'm coming anyway. Love you xx'

I feel my breath hitch in my throat as I read it for the third time.

He's coming..
He's really coming..

I put my phone down and hug my pillow, burying my face into it.

If only I could tell Ash about this.
But there's no way I could let him get hurt again.
His eye is still purple and the cut still shows.

May asked about what happened to him but I just said that he fell over and cut his face.
I made sure to hide my bruise on my face and those horrible.. hickeys.. so she wouldn't be suspicious.

I rub my eyes as Ash walks out the bathroom, walking over to me afterwards.

"You tired?"
He says softly, his thumb brushing over my jaw.
"No, I just need cuddles."
He lightly chuckles and pats my head.
"I can do that."
I move to the side as he sits on my bed, putting me on his lap and wrapping his arms around me.
"That better?" "Yes. Thankyou Ash." "No problem Sere."
I lean back and rest my head in the crook of his neck as I feel his hand make it's way down my arm.

A quiet whimper leaves my lips as he gently unwraps the bandage, placing kisses on my cheek to soothe me.

I lift my head up and look at the burn.
It had scabbed over making it look even more disgusting then before.
It was like a horrible brown colour.

I look away quickly.
I really don't want to see it anymore.

"It looks like it's healing, it shouldn't be too long now before it stops hurting."
I nod as he wraps it back up, his arms engulfing me once again.

It doesn't take long before my eyes start to droop as I drift off into a peaceful slumber.

--------------------------------

I'm woken by the sound of a fist on the door as I feel Ash gently lift me off his lap.

It's Calem..

I stand up quickly, pushing myself in front of Ash.
"I-I'll get it!"
He scowls but then nods as I rush to the door, opening it slowly.

And there was Calem, standing there with the same grin as he always has.

"Hey baby, you alone?"
I'm just about to speak when I hear a low growl in the distance.

Shit.
He heard.

I feel Ash grab onto me as he roughly pulls me away, stepping in front of me as his fists clench tightly.
"What the hell do you think you're doing here?"
Ash growls, glaring at him.
"Oh I just came to see how Serena was doing." "Well you've seen her so go away. I don't want you anywhere near her." "Do you have a claim on her now then? Is she even your girlfriend?"
I see Ash's fist clench tighter as Calem's smirk widens.
"You don't have any claim on her so let me see her, I just want to say hello."
Ash steps away from the door, bringing me into his chest and away from Calem.
"Could you at least take one step away from her, I can't speak to her when she's in your chest."
He grunts and steps away from me, my body suddenly feeling cold and unsafe.

I do not like what's happening.

"Let's shut the door shall we, we don't want anyone getting cold."

I'm really starting to feel uneasy now.

"So Serena. How have you been?" "I-I've been good." "That's good cause I need to tell you a couple things. But I think I'll have to tell you over text now because that boy over there is stopping me from talking to you in private."
I see Ash walk towards me and pull me to his side again.
"I'm not leaving you with her. I don't trust you at all. Especially after what you did to her a few days ago. You're a disgusting human being and you should be punished for what you did!"
I look up at Ash and hug him tightly.
"Ash calm down its ok. I'll be fine ok, just go into the bedroom."
I whisper to him, my fingers tangling with his.
"I can't let you stay in this room alone with him." "Ash it'll be fine, if anything happens you'll hear won't you."
He sighs before pulling away from me.
"Alright."
I lean up and softly peck his lips, lightly smiling at him.
"I'll be fine Ash." "Ok Serena."
He gently pats my head before leaving the room.

I turn around, now coming face to face with Calem.

"How dare you kiss another man in front of me.."