23.

Previously

Before I could even react the knife plunged into my stomach, blood gushing out of my mouth and the wound.

This is the end for me.

I fall to the floor, my body now limp.

The last thing is see is Calem's horrible face before the loss of blood sends me out of consciousness.

-------------------------------

I sit up sharply, sweat dripping down my skin.
I grab my head with my hands, trying to steady my breathing as I look around the room.

Thank god it was only a nightmare.

I wipe away the tears that were starting to dry across my cheeks and look around once again, seeing the sun shine through the blinds.

Why do I always have to have dreams of him.

I shakily stand, wiping the cold sweat dripping down my forehead.
Slowly, I make my way over to the bathroom and take a warm shower, trying to wash the horrible memories of last night.
"At least I get to see Ash today." I murmur to myself, stepping out the shower and putting on a pair of shorts, Ash's white shirt and some makeup to finish my look.

I sigh as a cold breeze hits me as I open the door and walk outside.

I think this is the first time I've actually wanted to go outside.

A small smile lifts on my face as I look in the distance, seeing the large stage.
That brings back so many memories of when me and my father used to go to gigs.
They were the best.

I sit down just a couple metres in front of the cabin, letting the morning sun rest on my face.

I can't wait to see Ash again, I need his warm hugs and adorable smile.
They bring me back to my happy self.

They keep the demon away.

I sigh softly as my stomach grumbles with it.
If only I knew how to cook.
Guess it's my fault I failed Food Tec by almost setting the school alight.

I get up and make my way back inside, knowing that Ash has a snack cupboard that I can steal from.

The only problem is that he put his snacks on the highest shelf, or as he calls it the "No sere shelf" because I can't reach it.
But what he doesn't know is that all I have to do is stand on his bed and I can read it.
Stupid Ash.

I lift myself up onto my tiptoes and I push my hand through the bags of crisps and other un-healthy things.

I really don't get how Ash isn't fat after eating all this crap.
Because I'd be like a bowling ball if I ate all of this.

---------------------------------

After minutes of searching through the cupboard I finally find the perfect food.

Chocolate.

I snatch it from the back, having to jump to grab it, and hop down from Ash's bed.

I peel the wrapper off and take my first bite, savouring the taste of the sugary crap I'm eating.

If chocolate wasn't the cause of diabetes then I wouldn't care if I got fat.

Just as I was about to take another bite I hear the door handle turn and Ash and... a girl.. enter..

I quickly jump into the bathroom before Ash and this "girl" could see me.

I watch them through a gap in the door.
"Come on Lillie I wanna show you my place!"
I see Ash grab onto her hand gently, a large grin upon his lips.

Has he completely forgotten me...

I hear him sigh angrily as I peek my head out of the bathroom to look into the bedroom.

"I leave her for one night and she trashes the place."
He mumbles angrily, picking up a packet of crisps that fell out of the cupboard when I was getting chocolate.
"Who are you talking about Ash?"
I hear her ask, her hand placed gently on his chest.

How dare she put her hand on my Ash's chest!

"My roommate Serena, she stayed here instead of going to the festival. And now she's wrecked my bed and my food cupboard."

He sounded so mad at me.
Like I was an enemy to him.

So I left.

---------------------------------

I sat around the back of the cabin, listening to them happily talking to each other.

Just like we did before.

I don't feel heartbroken.
Or sad.
Or depressed.
I just feel empty.

He broke his promise.
He didn't come back.

If you think talking about me like trash and bringing another girl back who you now sound deeply in love with is coming back then I don't know what's wrong with you.

Nothing goes right in my life.
Because all I am is a fuck-up.
And Ash probably just realised that.

It's what Calem used to call me.
Perfect.

Because he knew it hurt.
He knew it would never become true.
I would never be anything better than I am now.
I'd just get worse.

--------------------------------

I heard Ash say goodbye to Lily and walk back into the bedroom.

You can hear everything from behind here because the wood is so thin.

"Where the hell is she?" I hear Ash say to himself as the buzzing of my phone vibrates on my bedside table inside.

Is he really trying to look for me?

"Serena where the hell are you!"
I hear him shout as I hear him slam the front door, his footsteps nearing me.

"What are you doing here?" I hear him spit with some anger.
I just shrug my shoulders and look down, avoiding all sorts of eye contact with him.

"Well you're paying for a new chocolate bar for me, seeing as you stole mine."
I could feel his glare staring me down as I nod, walking inside and grabbing my purse.

I take the last of the money out of it and hand it to him, not saying a single word in between.
After I put my empty purse away I sit down on my bed quietly, hugging my knees.

"Why are you wearing my shirt?"
I don't even bother to answer and grab a top and hoodie, walking into the bathroom and changing, then making my way back to him and handing him the shirt.
"I just asked why you had it on, but whatever."

That lily has done something to Ash.

And I hate it.