Chapter 5 - New acquaintances new bonds

It was exactly after school on Friday when Sav literally bombarded me with unexpected turn of events.

She told me that she and I were to help out with the upcoming party.

For the past two days, let's just say I haven't seen much of her.

Why? Two words: Ryland Rodes.

It seemed to me that they were really hitting it off because I hardly ever saw both of them at school. This led me to speculate that she has been abducted by him for the past two days.

My speculations were confirmed today when she told me of her whereabouts. According to her, she had been hanging around with Ryland and his college buddies. Apparently she was needed to sort out some of the party planning, since they've never thrown parties-- only attended them.

"So they managed to get music. They have ideas of what snacks and drinks they want." She told me.

"Ideas? Is that all?" I asked in disbelief. "Sav you've been missing some classes just for that?"

"What happened to 'I'm concentrating solely on my studies this year, I need to get to college!'" It was her words she repeated to me every day when we got to school.

"Just the only classes I know I don't really need." She defended herself.

I heaved a sigh, rolling my eyes.

"Besides that's not only what we did." She insinuated.

"Ugh, I don't wanna know!" I blocked my ears with my hands.

"I can't believe you!" I scolded. "You just met the guy."

"We didn't do that-that! Just made out, that's all."

"I repeat; you have just met the guy!"

She rolled her eyes. We were almost near the parking lot.

"So are you coming or not? We need your help with the supplies. Plus you'll get to meet his friends. I'm telling you, they're hunks!" She screeched.

"How many are there?" I asked hesitantly. We were parked next each other.

"Just three. One of them has a girlfriend and she has a friend called Sally who's too friendly for my liking." She told me.

"Really what do these friends do?" I asked curiously.

"You'll find out when you get to meet them!" She told me impatiently as she unlocked the car.

"Fine. I'll go. But, I have to call my mom first. I'll just tell her that I'm at your house. She's yet to know about the party tomorrow." As I said this I took my cell out and dialled my mother's number.

She answered after the first ring.

"Poodles?" That was her nickname of me, because of my unkempt curls.

"Mom, I'm just calling you to inform you that I'll be at Sav's house for a while." I said.

"Okay poodles, drive safe. Just call me when you're coming home."

"Bye, mother!"

"Laters, poodles."

I sighed as I cut the call. You'd expect that I was used to the endearment by now. But, no, it still irked me to extreme.

"Are you ready?" Sav asked before getting into her car.

I nodded as I unlocked my own car and began the ignition.

I followed her car for about twenty minutes until she lead me to a neighbourhood that consisted of apartments which seemed to me—and this was judging by the people going in and out of the buildings—they were meant for college students.