Chapter 18 - Choices

I'm tired of saying "its un-edited", basically if you see grammar and spelling errors, well you know the reason.

.......

The lush of green around us was overwhelming and with pinkish purple clouds looming above, this was nature at its finest. Even though my hands were laden with wood I gathered, I couldn't help but stop and admire the beauty around me.

We were following the sound of water so that we could find the lake. We were aware of the sun setting but that didn't stop us from moving even deeper into the woods.

"I didn't know you were a nature lover, Keya?" Ciara commented, she was beside me, while the rest of the girls were struggling behind.

Mandy has been complaining that she was tired and wanted to go back. Sav was agreeing with her, they were more wary of their surroundings compared to Ciara, Sally and I who were determined to find the lake.

"It's just so beautiful." I replied Ciara.

"It is isn't it?" Sally panted behind us.

By this moment we could see the glimpse of the sun dancing on the surface of water creating glistening ripples. We moved fast until we found ourselves surrounded by a fairly huge lake.

The soil beneath our shoes looked like sand and although there wasn't ebb and flow of the tide, the lake looked clear, almost greenish blue like the sea.

The sun setting created a luminescent glow around the lake, making all of us catch our breath at the beauty before us.

"Wow." It was Sav's voice that broke the silence.

"Someone pinch me, I think I died and went to heaven." Sally was full of awe. "Ow!" She screeched when Ciara pinched her. "I didn't mean literally." She rubbed the spot where she was pinched but her eyes were still glued at the lake. In fact, all of our eyes were glued at the magnificent sight before us.

My mouth pulled into a huge broad grin. "This is perfect."

"More than perfect." Ciara said.

"Guys we have to swim in this lake." Mandy suggested.

"I didn't bring a swimsuit." Sally's voice worried.

"Me too. But it doesn't matter." I told her.

She cheered up instantly.

"Let's do it tomorrow, right now I just wanna eat." Sav complained.

For five minutes we gazed upon the lake with wonder until we decided to head back before the sun fully settled beneath the horizon.

"So... Keya what's up with you and Kyle?" Sally asked as she walked in step with me and Sav.

I looked at Sav accusingly but she just gave me an innocent look. I saw through her fake façade.

"Nothing. Why?"

"Oh, C'mon. The sexual tension is too thick between you two, even I see it" Mandy added.

That's when I realised that all of them were looking at me expectantly and knowingly as if they knew something I didn't.

I frowned. "I'm serious, we are just friends!"

I didn't like being the centre of attention.

"She's in denial." Sav told them.

I glared at her

"Something has to be going on." Ciara smirked. "I mean, we all see the way he looks at you and you literally glow when you're around him.

They all agreed.