Chapter 20 - Waterfalls and a Cave

I woke up smiling, disoriented but happy.

I was expecting to be tangled in Kyle's arms, so it was weird to feel the cold sipping under the sleeping bag. I opened one eye and that's when I realised I've been snuggling a pillow all along. Confused, I sat up to find that I was all alone in the tent. No Kyle and no Sav.

Did I oversleep? There was no way of knowing since my phone was switched off somewhere deep in my bags.

Waking up like this somehow had me doubting about last night. Were Kyle and I in a relationship now or had I just dreamt it all? I couldn't know for sure and this worried me.

I stood up, intending to change into something presentable.

Where exactly where we supposed to wash and brush our teeth? The water we had were two big gallons for drinking water. We couldn't use that to wash. So taking the only small bottle of water I had, I got out of the tent to brush my teeth.

Once I was done, I began investigating my missing friends. The fact that birds were still singing their morning songs and the fact the sun was just rising on the horizon proved it was still too early.

The quiescence of the camp was unnerving; everyone was still deep in their slumber.

So where was Kyle?

Just as I whipping around from where I stood, I saw a figure emerging from deep within the woods.

My heart stopped as I recognised the way the figure walked and soon enough it was hammering in my chest when Kyle appeared in view.

He was still clad in shorts and t-shirt from last night. The messy just-fúcked hair on top of his head was sexy as hell.

When he saw me he grinned and increased his pace.

I was nervous because I still doubted last night happened. But, when he reached me, he surprised me by taking my face in his hands and pulling me into a kiss.

I responded instantly as I pressed myself flat unto his front, my hands reaching for his neck.

I was breathless and speechless by the time we stopped.

"Morning, girlfriend." His voice was sultry as he pressed his forehead with mine.

"Morning." A grin unleashed itself from my lips.

So it had been real. I thought as I tried calming my pulsating heart.

He grinned too as he saw me smile, kissed the corner of lips before hugging me. "I wanna show you something." He whispered below my ears.

I bit my lips. Fûck! How could be so turned on by his breath tickling my ear?

"What?" I asked my voice equally husky.

"Not telling...showing." He released me and couldn't help but press his lips upon mine again in a soft peck. I wanted more than a peck but we both knew if we were to deepen the kiss, we would end up doing more than just kissing.

"Wait here, I'm gonna—" He didn't finish his sentence when he suddenly left my side and ran for my tent.

I frowned at his sudden movement, but it wasn't long until he came out carrying my big towel and shower jell in his hands.

"C'mon." He took my hand and our fingers entwined together as he led me deep into the forest where he had emerged.

Okay, now I was curious. Where exactly is he taking me?

"Where are we going?"

"You'll see." His thumb rubbed lazy circles on the palm of our entwined hands. That action sent heat coiling beneath my stomach.