Chapter 24 - Unlikely Future

"So there was this weird guy outside your house. I think he was a spy?" I told Kyle as soon as I entered the kitchen.

He was busy making fajitas for lunch and he stopped once my sentence sank.

"Spy?" He asked, an amused smile appearing in his breath taking features.

"Yup." I nodded as I grabbed a slice of cucumber from his chopped salad and nibbled on it. "He had a blue suit and black shades and even a sporty car to go with the whole "Men-in-black" look."

He laughed suddenly as he shook his head. "Should I be worried?"

I frowned. "I'm not sure. I mean besides the fact that he had this intense stare when he was looking over at your house, he didn't seem that dangerous."

He arched an eyebrow. "Maybe he was just a passer-by."

I made a face. "Maybe, but he was holding some sort of envelope too. So if he wasn't a spy then..." I shrugged.

"Did you talk to him?" He asked as he set a plate for me too.

"For a like a second. He got out of there as soon I did." I frowned.

Kyle shrugged. "That's weird. Maybe, he must have got the wrong house then."

"Maybe." I shrugged again. "Those fajitas smell good." I commented deciding to change the conversation.

I walked towards him and he turned around to smear the sauce on my lips while draping an arm around my neck.

I licked my lips. "Taste good too." I appraised him.

He leaned down to my level with that lazy smile playing on his features before kissing me on the lips.

"Taste better on your lips." He commented slyly.

I giggled as I pulled away but before I could get further away he had me trapped by both of his arm. My face was pressed on his chest as he hugged me and I breathed in his masculine scent before sighing to myself.

I knew now was a great time to start talking, even though I didn't want to ruin the moment. I had to know where this relationship was going.

"What?" He asked when I stiffened in his arms. He titled my chin and our eyes locked. His probing eyes were unnerving.

"We need to talk."

He frowned slightly, worry replacing his playful smile. "About?"

"Us."

"What about us?" His arms began to slack around me.

I took a deep breath. "Not just us, Kyle, but our future. I mean, in less than a week we are graduating and then after that I might have to do this internship thing and I don't think I'm going to do it because I want to spent summer with you and I won't have that chance if I go because after that there's college which we haven't even talked about. I mean, I don't even know which college you're going to or whether you're even going to college or not!" I gasped after my ramble.

"Keya. Calm down, okay?" He snapped me out of it. "Look. I've been meaning to talk to you too." He freed me from his hold and leaned back on the kitchen island while crossing his arm on his chest.

"I'm not going to college." He declared.

Dumbfounded by his statement, I blinked unerringly and when I realised that he was actually serious, my mouth dropped.

"Why?" The lack of emotion in my tone seemed heartless but really I somehow had an idea why he was not going.

When he didn't answer I resorted to guessing. "Is it because you didn't get in?"