Chapter 19 - Start of something new

I think this is the moment everyone's been waiting for.

.............

I woke up in the middle of the night because there was shuffling in our tent. Thinking that it was stray animal out to eat us, I sprang up into a sitting position.

There was nothing at the tent entrance but a figure was on Sav's sleeping bag shuffling for a better position. The figure was too gaunt-like and muscular to be Sav. Before I let out scream, the figure lunged for me, it's hand slamming my mouth shut so hard, I ended up croaking out a muffled squeak.

"Shh...it's just me." Kyle's voice whispered against the silence.

Because of the dark, I could hardly make him out, but the glowing moon reflected enough light for me to finally see his face.

When he saw that I was calm, he removed his hand from my mouth.

"What are you doing here?" I hissed at him, still not quite gotten over my fright. "And where is Sav?" I asked, just then realising that Sav was no where to be found.

"She's in our tent." He replied vaguely, as if he didn't want to broach the subject about her.

"What is she doing there?" I frowned.

He cocked his head to one side, his look saying, what do you think?

"Oh!" I slammed my hand in my mouth. "Oh my gosh!" My eyes bulged when I figured it out.

"So, she's cheating on Ryland?"

"Pretty much."

"I guess, I saw it coming." I was still frowning.

He went back to her sleeping bag and tried getting inside.

"You know I thought you were an animal." I cringed.

His chuckle was muffled, but then it turned to a groan when he couldn't get inside the sleeping bag.

"I can't sleep in this." He complained.

"What do you want me to do?" I asked sarcastically. I was already snuggled inside mine.

He remained silent. I took that he was trying to sleep, so I closed my eyes.

It was moments when he started shuffling again. "Ugh."

"Why didn't you bring your own sleeping bag?" I asked, vehemently. His shuffling was getting on my nerves.

"It didn't cross my mind at that time when I was hearing what I shouldn't be hearing." He groaned and shifted again.

"Oh my god, Kyle, just stop!" I sat up.

"Have you seen the size of me, I can't fit in this thing!"

I mumbled incoherent words at him. I turned away to sleep again.

It was moments later when he took me by surprise as he unzipped my sleeping bag and shifted himself next to me.

Alarmed, I jolted up. "What are you doing?"

"What does it look like?" He reached for Sav's pillow and began snuggling in the bag. "It's a double, is big enough for both of us."

I just stared at him with my frown. Externally I was trying to hide how feeling him close resulted in my heart beating erratically. I was panicking.

"Relax," he mumbled as he closed his eyes.

I watched him for a moment before tentatively turning my back to his front. No matter how I tried to space myself from him, I could still feel him everywhere. I cursed at the fact that I wore only my big t-shirt with nothing else but panties. He wasn't touching me but my body was heating up as if he had.