Chapter One

Warning: This story contains cliché moments, cute characters, and cringey comebacks. Prepare to roll your eyes. Also, be aware of possible fourth wall issues.
Thank you for your time.

Chapter One

I mentally groaned over our history teacher going over the lectures in a monotone, well, tone.

I desperately wanted to start yanking my hair out and gouging my eyes out to get him to stop.

"Uh, Mr. Carrey, can you explain number four to me?" Some random redhead asked, and I silently thanked her.

Judging by the other students' relieved expressions, I wasn't the only one.

Suddenly a piece of paper hit my shin.

I reached for the crumpled note and opened it up, revealing only a few words scribbled in a messy fashion.

Sleep over tonight at my place?

-Taylor

I grinned at my best friend's question; it's a given that she asks that every Friday.

I turned to face her and nodded. She gave me a half-smile as a response.

Mr. Carrey started handing out our tests that we were due to take today.

I wanted to cry when I realized I had completely forgotten to study for this.

"Are you feeling alright Devan?" He asked, his eyes filled with only half-hearted concern.

"Yeah, thanks Mr. Carrey."

No, I'm not Alright! If I fail this test, mom and dad will kill Me!

I took the paper I was handed and skimmed over the questions while Mr. Carrey told the class we only had twenty minutes to complete the test.

It was short, it only had ten questions, which made it a little better I guess.

I jotted down the answers I was sure of, and then took my time on the ones I wasn't so positive on.

I walked to the front of the class room and set my test on Mr. Carrey's desk with two minutes to spare.

I glanced at a few of my class mates as I walked by, before locking eyes with Tyler Young, the school's bad boy.

He's mostly got that title for his cold glare and leather jacket, no-one has really seen him do anything potentially bad, there are only rumors.

He narrowed his eyes, and it sent chills down my spine.

His harsh stare is enough to make anyone find another way around him.

No-one has ever tried to go talk to him.

As far as I'm concerned though, he's all bark no bite.

***

I bit the inside of my cheek while I pondered over the pajamas I wanted to take to Taylor's house.

I just decided on my purple shorts and light pink off-the-shoulder long sleeved shirt when mom walked in.

"Sit down for a moment sweetie, you're not going to like my news." She said, walking over towards my bed.

I did as she said and sat down.

"Your dad and I are going on a business trip, and we're going to be gone for a few weeks. Kara young has offered to take you in and-" I cut her off before she could finish.

"You mean Tyler's mom?" I inquired, my eyes going wide with terror and shock.

She nodded, looking genuinely terrified to see my reaction.

That's sad that she's scared of me. Am I that bad?

"Oh-no." Was all I could say while I gently tugged my mom out of the room, and locked myself in.

This is it, this is how my life ends. I'm going to end up murdered by Tyler Young, the boy known for his cold glares and leather jacket.

Goodbye mom, goodbye dad. I hope you live a good rest of your life.

It was then I remembered Taylor was still waiting for me.

I grabbed the bag I had packed and left, uttering a goodbye to mom before shutting the door and running.

I didn't bother driving, if we go somewhere, I'll steal a ride with Taylor.

***

We decided to go to the movies, but before we got out to go in to the theater, I grabbed her arm and braced myself for her reaction when I told her what I had been told earlier.

"What?" She hissed, prying at my hold on her arm.

I muttered a sorry and let go, taking in a deep breath.

"So my parents are going on a business trip, and they're making me stay with," I paused for effect. "The Young family. And yes I mean I will be sharing a house with the Tyler Young." I bit my lip, waiting for her reaction.

After a moment of her sitting there taking it all in, she let out a piercing shriek.

"Some you mean you'll either have a summer love, or be killed by a famous bad boy? This is so not fair. If I have to die, I'd want to be killed by Tyler." She groaned, crossing her arms over her chest and mock pouting.

"I'll gladly trade you," I grinned, and she rolled her eyes playfully.

By then we were getting out and heading up to the brick building.

We bought our tickets for the movie 'Everything Everything', and found our seats.

We really have a problem, we finished our popcorn before the movie had even started.

"I'll go buy more." Taylor said, standing up and walking across people's feet.

I looked around the room, and my mouth fell agape when I noticed Britney cougar, head cheerleader, and major queen bee.

Once upon a time we were best friends, but then she got popular and ditched me.
Eventually I became one of her bully victims, and she's never really moved on.

I slouched in my seat, as though that would make me more invisible, and hoped she wouldn't turn around and see me.

"I'm ba- what are you looking at?" Taylor inquired, sitting beside me.

"Britney's down there."

***

Hope you guys are enjoying this so far! Thanks for reading.