Chapter Sixteen

1k! Omg! Thank you guys so much!

Chapter Sixteen

It's been three days since Tyler said all of that, and he's been avoiding me like a disease.

Frankly, it's kind of hurting my feelings, every time I try and get his attention but he ignores me, I feel a little bit of my heart breaking.

"Are you okay?" Macie asked, stepping into my room and sitting on the foot of my bed.

I swallowed the lump in my throat before speaking, knowing I could trust her.

"Tyler's been ignoring me, ever since he told me he didn't want to date me yet." I said, and she offered me a sympathetic smile.

I had told her about everything that he said the moment we got home, and she didn't seem surprised to say the least, it was almost as if she had been expecting it.

"He'll come around eventually, just give him some time." She replied, and I nodded.
Hoping everything she was saying was true, and not just something to make me feel better.

"I guess," I said looking down at my hands and chewing on my bottom lip.

"Don't worry about it, it'll be alright." She said, before leaving my room, leaving me with tons of emotions swirling around inside of me.

Tyler's POV-

I tried to sort out the thoughts that wouldn't leave my mind.

Is it right that I'm ignoring her? Is there some other way I should handle this? A better way?

All of a sudden Macie threw my door open and stormed over to me.

"Why are you ignoring her you idiot?"  She sounded furious, her eyes lit with burning flames, steam practically flowing out of her ears.

"Because I don't want to hurt her," I admitted, looking down at my hands.

"You really are a moron. She locked herself in her room because you're hurting her by not talking to her!" She exploded, clenching her fists at her sides.

I immediately felt a pang of guilt.

"I'm sorry." I muttered, and she let out an annoyed sigh.

"Tell her that." She hissed, before leaving my room.

I let out a sigh and ran a hand over my face, before massaging my temples, I guess I should tell her that.

Devans POV-

There was a knock on my door before Tyler stepped in.
My mouth fell agape and my eyes widened.

"What do you want?" I asked, harsher than I intended.

"I wanted to say I'm sorry." He admitted, sitting on the foot of my bed and smiling sheepishly at me.

"It's fine." I mumbled, not entirely telling the truth.

"No it isn't. I shouldn't have ignored you, you didn't do anything." He explained, and I smiled.

He moved closer to me and held his arms out.

I hesitated before wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling him into a hug.

He smiled before resting his chin on my shoulder.
My heart fluttered and my stomach twisted in nervous knots.

***

I sat in the dark room at the old school, thinking everything over.

Is he going to ask me to be his girlfriend?

Then all of a sudden I heard a gasp behind me and I spun around, my eyes bulging out of my head when I saw Nick, (Taylor's brother/Devan's crush) standing there with his jaw resting on the ground.

"What are you doing at my secret spot?" Nick asked, and I stood up off the ground, looking at him with a puzzled expression.

"First of all, this is my secret place too, second of all, I thought you were going to be gone for the summer," I said and he shrugged.

"I wanted to come back and visit this place before I leave, it's going to be a while before I see it again. I dont leave until next week." He said, and I looked at him quizzically.

"What do you mean? It's only for the summer." I pointed out, and he sighed, taking a seat on the broken staircase.

"I'm leaving for good. Taylor is the only one that knows about this. I'm buying an apartment near my uncle's house." He explained, and I felt a little bit of disappointment.

He's still my crush, leave me alone.

"I'll miss you." I said, but slapped a hand over my mouth the moment I did.

He looked a bit shocked, but his eyes immediately softened.

"I'll miss you too Devan. I've always kind of liked you," He admitted sheepishly, scratching the back of his neck.

"I just didn't know how to tell you."

I felt my heart flutter, and my cheeks heat up.

He's moving away, and only now decides to admit his feelings for me?

"I-I, like you too." He muttered quietly, and he grinned.

His phone dinged and he let out an irritated sigh.

"I've got to go, bye Dev." He whispered, placing a kiss on my cheek.

Fireworks exploded in my stomach, and I was left speechless, watching as his figure disappeared from sight.

What the heck just happened?

***

Did you guys expect that at all? Did this shock you?
I was the one writing it, yet it shocked me.

Is this a love triangle I feel coming on?

He's leaving in a week!

Comment your thoughts and leave a vote!

This chapter his dedicated to dexi123 for being such a wonderful reader! I love reading your comments!