Chapter Fourteen

I want to see if we can get 1k reads before the 20th chapter, can you share and help out? Don't forget to comment and vote!

Chapter Fourteen

We sat on the beach, Tyler, Taylor and I. Macie went to hang out with some other friends, so that left the three of us.

"This is all beautiful," I muttered, gesturing towards the rippling waves and the setting sun.

Tyler and Taylor muttered their agreements before Tyler stood up.

He offered his hand out for me to grab it, and I hesitantly accepted.
It was hard to ignore the sparks shooting through my arm at the touch.

He pulled me up, and offered me a genuine smile, which I gladly returned.

"Can I talk to Devan alone?" Tyler asked Tay, looking at her with a hopeful glint in his eye.

She nodded, an evil smirk tugging at the corners of her lips.

I rolled my eyes at her before turning back to Tyler.
He was smiling as he gently tugged me into the water, the waves crashing against our waists.

"What did you want to talk about?" I asked, and he chuckled nervously.

Tyler's POV-

I was going to tell her, but now I'm scared.

Should I tell her? Will she feel the same?

She was about to let me kiss her at the hospital before the doctor walked in.

I let out a shaky sigh, my heart pounding so loud against my chest that it made my head hurt; I was almost positive she could hear it.

"I-I, I really don't know how to say thi-" I was cut short by her smacking her lips on mine.

I was taken aback for a moment, but started kissing her back.

She pulled away, a small smile etched on her face.

I couldn't help but smile too.

"I guess that means you like me to," I thought aloud, and she nodded.

She was about to speak again, but she was cut short by Taylor clapping and cheering, a wide smile on her face.

She was jumping up and down.

I rolled my eyes, but chuckled a bit, Devan doing the same.

Taylor's POV-

It's about flipping time!

I've been waiting for the last almost week for this to happen.

I mean, it may be quick, but crushes can develope quick.

Devan's POV-

My mind was swirling with thousands of different thoughts.

He just admitted he liked me.

I just kissed him.

Where does that put us?

I fake laughed at a joke Taylor told, and Tyler noticed.
He glanced over at me with his eyes full of concern before he mouthed 'Are you okay?', and I nodded.

I let out a quiet sigh, and buried my face in my hands.

"What's wrong?" Taylor asked, and I glanced at her from between my fingers.

"I'm just tired." I lied, and she nodded.

I'm so thankful for caring friends.

I ran a hand through my hair before standing up from the towel in the sand.

Tyler's face flashed with confusion and I offered him a smile.

"I've just got to go to the bathroom." I said, gesturing to the surf shop.

They nodded, and I turned to walk to the shop.

I did my business and stepped out, feeling a bit better when someone grabbed my hand, lacing our fingers together.

I looked up to meet a pair of green eyes that were shining brightly.

"Why did you come in?" I asked quizzically.

"I came to make sure you were okay." He replied, shrugging.
It didn't seem like a big deal to him, but my heart was fluttering at the thought of him being this genuinely concerned.

"I'm fine," I smiled fondly. "Thanks."

He pulled his hand away from mine and draped it over my shoulders, gently pulling me out of the surf shop.

Taylor was still lying on the beach towel, half asleep.

"It's dark now Tay, you're not going to get a tan. And why are you wearing sunglasses?" I asked incredulously.

"Because I want to." She hissed playfully, and I grinned.

Tyler dropped his arm and started rubbing the palms of his hands together.

"Are you guys ready to go? Taylor you can stay the night if you'd like." Tyler said.

"Yes, and okay." Taylor grinned.

"Let's go!" I exclaimed, grabbing Tyler's forearm and pulling him towards his car.

***

Tyler had went to bed and Taylor and I were sitting on the bed I was using while I was here.

"So, are you guys going to start dating?" Taylor asked, almost squealing.

I slapped my and over her mouth and shot her a glare.

"I don't know." I mumbled honestly.

She narrowed her eyes at me.

"I will force you two to go on a date if I don't hear that he asked you within the next few days." She said, and I knew she was being truthful.

"Ugh, fine. Can we go to sleep now though?" I asked, and she nodded, climbing into the blanket pallet I made on the floor.

I closed my eyes and drifted off into dreamland.

I stopped the alarm and groaned, rubbing the grime out of my eyes.

Suddenly a thought struck me;

I thought her dad wouldn't allow her to spend the night anywhere on school nights.

"Taylor," I shook her shoulders. "I thought you weren't allowed to spend the night anywhere on schook nights."

She shrugged, "He was too busy sulking about his ex-girlfriend to care."

I nodded understandingly, that makes since.

Today's the last day of school!

I picked out a white shirt, a black leather jacket, and ripped jeans to wear.

I threw Taylor an outfit of mine, she went to the bathroom to change.
I locked the door and changed myself.

Let the day begin.

***

Thanks so much for all the reads! It's beyond amazing!

I hope you enjoyed, don't forget to comment and vote!