Chapter Three

Now remember this book may be cringey, and it may be cliché, but let's be honest, we complain about how books like these are cliché, yet we read them anyway; we love these books, so please don't leave hate.

Chapter Three

"Dinner was amazing, but we have to go so we can get some sleep before tomorrow. Thanks again for keeping Devan." My mom offered Mrs. Young a smile, which she gladly returned.

"Alright, y'all get some rest. I'll make sure Devan has some fun. Goodnight." Mrs. Young waved goodbye to my parents as they started leaving, before turning to me.

"Tyler, can you take Devan to the guest room?" Mrs. Young asked, sending a look towards him that I couldn't quite disect.

"Fine." Tyler huffed, pushing his chair back and standing up.

Our eyes locked for a moment, before he broke contact, turning towards the staircase by the living room.

I grabbed my suitcase and followed him.

We climbed the stairs and walked down the hall for a moment, before turning right.

He pushed open one of the many doors and gestured for me to go in.

"This is your room. Let me make one thing clear to you, I don't like you, and I doubt I ever will. Stay out of my path, and I'll stay out of yours." He demanded, before slamming the door.

My eyes were still wide from everything he had just said.

Well okay then.

***

It's been a couple hours since Tyler had left me in this room.

I didn't bother going downstairs with the rest of them, I figured I was fine here.

There was a soft knock on my door before it slowly crept open.

"Hey," Macie smiled softly, coming in and shutting the door behind her. "Are you feeling okay? You could've come down there with us."

I looked up at her, realizing she had also inherited good genes like her brother.

She had the same dark brown hair, only hers went down to her lower back. She had sparkling brown eyes, and white, straight teeth that you only see in 'crest toothpaste' commercials.

"Yeah I'm fine, I just don't think your brother really wants me intruding, so I decided to keep my distance." I responded honestly.

Her eyes visibly softened, and she sat on the bed next to me.

"He's a jerk to everyone when he first meets them. He'll like you before the three weeks are up, I can almost guarantee it. Now come on," She grabbed my wrist and pulled me out of the room.

We went downstairs to the living room where Mrs. Young and Tyler were already at.

When Macie and I took our seats on the couch, Tyler glared at me.

Macie had purposefully sat on the opposite end of the couch from Tyler, meaning I had to sit next to him.

She winked at me, and all I wanted to do was strangle her.

I made a mental note to myself:

Don't trust teen girls.

Yes, I'm aware that I'm a teenage girl.

Tyler and Mrs. Young had already went to bed, leaving, Macie and I down here to watch movies.

Macie had made popcorn, and we were watching sad romance movies.