Chapter Twenty-Three

Thanks for reading, don't forget to comment and vote. Warning: sad/cliché chapter ahead!

Chapter Twenty-Three

We parked by the beach, and I saw a blanket set out in the sand with a bunch of candles and a picnic basket.

"I know this is kind of cliché, but I hoped you'd like it anyway." He said scratching the back of his neck.

I leaned over and placed a quick kiss on his cheek, silently letting him know that I love it.

I went to open the door but he grabbed my hand and stop me.

"I'm a gentleman, I'll open the door for you," He said, before jumping out of the car and running around to open my door.

"Since when did the bad boy become a gentleman?" I teased, poking his stomach.

He was wearing a black shirt with a pair of dark jeans, and a pair of black vans.

"Since I met you," He replied, grinning cheekily.

I rolled my eyes, but couldn't stop the smile etching itself across my features.

"You're so cheesy," I joked, and he mocked hurt.

"That hurts," He pointed to where his heart is. "Right here."

I smiled, and grabbed his hand, tugging him over to the picnic he had set up.

I'm assuming he had someone else do this, because he hadn't left my side all day.

He opened the basket, revealing, chocolate covered strawberries, two sandwiches, and two cokes.

We finished off the sandwiches within five minutes, and I was currently leaning on my elbows for support as i occasionally popped a strawberry in my mouth.

It physically hurt my heart to think this was my last night with him.

How long would it take him to get over me?
It'll take me a long time to get over him.

"I don't think I'll be able to get over you Devan," Tyler said, as if reading my thoughts.

"I don't know if I'll ever get over you either Tyler."

***

We were standing at the airport. The night had flown by, and we didn't have much to pack at home the next day.

Tyler and I were just standing there staring at eachother, both unsure of what to say.

Sometimes life just doesn't have a fairytale ending, life just sucks sometimes and you've got to learn to deal with it.

Tears were slipping down my cheeks, and his eyes were glossed over with unshed tears.

Eventually he leaned over lifting his hand up to cup my cheek.
He leaned down, pass my lips and to my ear.

"I'll always love you Devan," He whispered, before pulling back.

Looking me in the eye, a single tear slipped down his cheek, and it crushed what was left of my heart.

"Same here, Tyler Young." I spoke his name with strain, because it hurt so dang much.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and I wrapped mine around his neck holding on tightly.

I buried my face in his shoulder, soaking his shirt with tears.

I don't want to go.

After about two minutes he pulled away, another tear making its way down his cheek.

He ran a hand through his messy brown hair, letting out a long, shaky sigh.

"I'm going to miss you so much," He whispered, before tearing his gaze away from me.

"Goodbye Devan." He muttered, unable to say much more.

"G-goodbye Tyler." I stammered, turning around and walking over to my parents who were looking at me with sympathy.

I wanted to turn around, to look at him one more time, but I knew if I did, I wouldn't have been able to leave.

I clutched my heart that was at this point, breaking into smithereens.

***

On the plane ride, all I could think about were the memories I had from over the past couple of weeks.

Britney, Taylor, Nick, Macie, Kara, and Tyler.

Just thinking their names tore me apart, I was even going to miss Britney.

Because even though she can be a jerk, I know she has a bad home life, she shouldn't treat others like she does, but I know why she does.

Tear after tear rolled down my cheek, reminding me of what I left behind.

"Goodbye Tyler." I muttered out the window, wishing I could see him one last time.

Why is life so cruel?

Why can't life be like movies or books?

If I was in a movie, or a book, things would be so much easier.

I let out a shaky sigh before closing my eyes and drifting off to sleep.

***

Sorry this chapter was sad and short, I promise the it'll be better.

I only have one more chapter before an epilogue, sorry this book was so short, but I promise I'll have more soon!

There may be a bonus chapter after the epilogue, so don't delete this book from your library or reading list just yet.

Byeee!