Chapter Nineteen

Thanks for reading, don't forget to vote and comment!

Chapter Nineteen

We pulled into the park, it was dark now.

He led me over to the gazebo that was covered in bright fairy lights that illuminated the darkness.

"It's beautiful, but why?" I asked, and he smiled nervously, scratching the back of his neck.

I knew what was coming, and it caused my heart to thump rapidly against my chest.

He grabbed my hand and led me inside of the gazebo.

"I know I said it was going to be a little bit before I asked you this, but I really like you. I'm not good with all the cheesy crap, so I'll just cut to the chase, will you be my girlfriend Devan?"

My heart skipped a beat and my stomach churned.

I don't know.

"I don't think I'm ready just yet Tyler, I'm really sorry." I said, my heart breaking at the hurt look that etched itself into his shockingly handsom features.

"I understand; but do you mind if I ask you why?" He asked, his eyes glossed over with a sheet of pain.

"Because I think I like someone else too. I need to decide before I way say yes to either one of you." I explained, and his eyes widened.

"Someone else asked you to be their girlfriend?" He asked, sounding a bit ticked off.

"Uh- sort of," I answered, since Nick didn't directly ask me.

"Who?" He demanded, and my jaw fell to the ground.

"T-Taylor's brother N-nick." I stammered, and his eyes narrowed.

"You mean that pig? Don't you know he was the biggest player in junior year?" He asked his tone firm, raising his voice slightly.

"Y-yes. He was an old crush of mine, and he admitted to liking me." I explained, and his eyes narrowed even further.

"And you believed him?" He scoffed, and I felt a pang of hurt.

"He doesn't actually like anyone, he pretends to." He growled, and I felt a tear slide down my cheek.

Why am I crying?

Tyler's POV-

When Devan told me Nick said he liked her, it was like a switch was flipped inside of me.

I wanted to rip his tongue out and shove it back down his throat.

I can't believe he would try and toy with her emotions; she may think I'm overreacting, but I know Nick better than anyone, I was his best friend at one time.

But I don't want to go into detaol.

The moment I saw a tear slide down her cheek, my heart instantly melted.

She's turning me into a sap.

I stepped towards her and she backed up, looking terrified, and that hurt me.

I slowly took another step and gently grabbed her wrist, pulling her into me.

I wrapped my arms around her waist and rested my chin on the top of her head.

She tensed under the touch, but eventually relaxed and wrapped her arms around my neck.

I'm going to kill Nick.

***

Devan's POV-

Tyler dropped me back off at the house and left without a word.

It had been two hours and he still hadn't returned.
I was starting to get worried, my stomach churning.

I sound like an overly obsessed girlfriend.

Tyler's POV-

I pounded on Taylor's front door; when she answered, I pushed her to the side, blinded with rage.

"Where's Nick?" I growled, turning to face a terrified Taylor.

"He's in his r-room." She stammered, backing into the wall.

I stormed to his room, not bothering to knock as I through the door open.

Nick jumped out of his desk chair and backed into his bookshelf, knocking a couple books and glass statues off, causing the glass to shatter by his feet.

"Why are you here Tyler?" Nick asked, his tone curious, yet slightly frightened.

I smirked smirked at his fear.

"Why would you play with Devan's feelings?" I hissed, grabbing him by the collar of his shirt and pressing him against the wall.

His rapid breathing letting me know he was scared.

"What do you mean?" He asked, acting completely clueless.

I sneered, before pushing him harder into the wall.

"Because she's hot! I figured I'd get at least a kiss and a good date out of this!" He spilled, and I growled like a dog.

"If you so much as even breathe the same air as her, it will be the end of your dating life. Tell her it's over, I don't want you stealing another one of my girls." I demanded, and he nodded.

I let go of his shirt and left his room, slamming the door hard behind me.

I apologized to Taylor before leaving, taking a few deep breaths to calm myself.

Devans POV-

My phone started ringing on my nightstand, and I picked it up, pressing it to my ear.

"Hello?" I asked, and I heard heavy breathing coming from the other side of the line.

"Devan, I'm leaving. I'm sorry. Goodbye." Was all Nick said before ending the call, leaving me confused, but not for long.

How could Tyler do this to me?

I ran downstairs just in time to see him coming in the house.

"Why did you do that?" I demanded, narrowing my eyes furiously at him.

"Do what?" He asked, playing dumb.

"Why did you ruin my chances with Nick?"

"I-" I cut him off before he could really start talking.

"Nevermind. I don't want to know. But this ended any chances you ever had with me." I said, before storming upstairs.

"Devan, please listen!" He begged, but I slammed my door, so he couldn't say anything else.

I pressed my back against the door and slid down, burying my face in my hands and sobbing.

Why is life so difficult?

I want to be a little kid again, I don't want to be a teen, or an adult for that matter.

Why couldn't life be easy like it was back then?

The sobs echoed loudly around the room, my stomach hurting from how much I was crying, my heart physically hurting.

***

Thanks for reading. Who's side are you on in this?

Do you think Tyler should've just left it alone? Or are you happy he tried to protect Devan?

By the way, I think Taylor is all of us in one character, I honestly just love her! What about you guys?