Chapter Twenty-One

This story is probably my favorite one that I have written so far.

Chapter Twenty-one

My eyelids fluttered open and I glanced around my surroundings.

We're still at the park.

We had fallen asleep in the gazebo.

I was lying on Tyler's chest, his arms wrapped productively around me.

I looked up at his peaceful expression and couldn't help the smile stretching across my face.

"Good morning," I muttered once I saw him stir in his sleep, shifting me to one side of him.

"Good morning beautiful." He whispered huskily, as he looked contently into my eyes, his green ones shining brightly.

"You know," I started, knowing I was getting ready to bring up a touchy subject.

"I never asked you where your dad is."

He shifted his gaze off of me, before letting out a sigh and raking a hand through his hair, messing it up more than it already was....yet he could pull off that bed-head look.

"H-he died in a c-car accident when I was ten." He stammered, his eyes covered with a glossy sheen of unshed tears.

I cupped one side of his face in my hand, and offered him a small smile, in which he weakly returned.

"I'm sorry, no-one deserves to go through as much as you have. But things will get better." I said, and he nodded.

He buried his face in my hand, pressing it closer to my cheek with his hand.

He closed his eyes for a moment, before opening them, the glossy sheen had completely disappeared and was covered up with fake happiness.

"Let's go home." He said, standing up and offering me one of his hands.

I took it and stood up; he grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers, leading me to the car.

It was a silent ride home, but not an awkward silence though.

***

Macie, Tyler and I were in the pool again, because it was almost unbearably hot.

"Tyler's com-" Macie was cut off by a loud splash behind me.

I spun around just before Tyler picked me up, carrying me bridal style to the other end of the pool.

"What was that for?" I asked, once he had set me back down.

"She took my girl from me, I want time with you too." He pouted, jutting his bottom lip out.

I rolled my eyes at his immaturity before planting a small kiss on his cheek.

A smile stretched onto his face.

He scooped me up again, before dunking me in the water, barely leaving me enough time to hold my breath.

I swam back up and started inhaling, scowling at a laughing Tyler.

I slapped him on the chest, hard.

"Ow!" He mocked hurt, cupping a hand over the spot I hit.

I rolled my eyes again.

"You're an idiot." I mumbled, and he cocked an eyebrow.

"I'm your idiot though." He grinned, and I couldn't help but laugh.

"Could you be any cheesier?" I asked rhetorically, and he laughed.