Chapter Two

Picture of Tyler above ^

Chapter Two

I woke up with a pair of feet on my face suffocating me.

We had fallen asleep on the couch while watching yet another movie after going to the actual movies.

"Get off!" I growled, shoving her off of me, in turn, pushing her off of the couch.

"What was that for?" She asked incredulously.

"Your feet were in my face." I responded sheepishly.

She rolled her eyes and pushed herself up off of the ground.

"So what's for breakfast?" I asked, making myself comfortable.

She rolled her eyes again.

"Are you having an eye spasm or something?" I questioned, keeping my expression serious with a hint of worry.

"No moron. I just can't be around you too long without going crazy."

"Because I'm awesome, I know."

She groaned loudly, throwing a couch pillow at my face.

***

I stumbled into the bathroom, before looking at myself in the mirror.

I ran a brush through my ash blonde hair.

I picked apart my different features, my ice blue eyes, my pale skin, my faint freckles, and my cheeks that are dusted with a light pink tint.

I brushed my teeth and washed my face before putting on the clothes I brought with me.

Light washed jeans with a black spaghetti strap top.

I put on a little concealer, mascara, and a nude matte liquid lipstick.

I left the bathroom and started to go into the kitchen where Taylor was, when I ran into someone, knocking me off my feet.

The person caught me and stood me back up.

I looked into the green eyes of Nick, Taylor's brother and my long-time crush.

He flashed me a small, heart-stopping smile, before continuing down the hall, giving me a single backwards glance.

"I thought Nick was at your uncle's house for the summer," I mumbled quietly to a laughing Taylor.

"That was the most awkward, litteral run-in, I have ever had." I seethed, not really upset at her, just livid at myself for being so dang awkward all the time.

"It may have been awkward, but it was really funny. By the way, I was able to find out he had a crush on you through his best friend Alex." She grinned, and I nearly fainted.

"Really?" I squealed, jumping up and down from excitement.

"Really what?"

I slowly turned to see Nick looking at the two of us with a confused expression.

"Uh really we can make a smiley face pancake? I'm so excited!" I fake laughed, earning an elbow in the ribs from Taylor.

"She sure loves her pancakes. Anyway, have fun with uncle Dan." Taylor waved goodbye, and he returned it, also waving at me.

I waved back before he left the house.

"You are seriously the worst liar ever." Taylor pointed out, and I didn't bother denying it.

***

Eventually I had to go back home.

Mom called saying they're leaving at four in the morning tomorrow, so I'm being dropped off tonight.

Which means I need to pack.

I threw together a bunch of my best outfits, and other necessities that I'll need.

Summer break starts after school lets out on Friday, so that'll make the next few weeks a bit better.

I zipped my suitcase shut finally on the fourth time trying.

I pulled it downstairs and to the front door with me.

"Devan, we're eating dinner with them, and then your father and I are going to leave. It'll be fun, I promise. Maybe by the end of this, you and Tyler will be good friends." She winked, and I immediately knew what she meant by friends.

Mom can be really annoying sometimes.

"Are you guys ready to go?" Dad asked, glancing between the two of us.

"Yes Danny. Let's go." Mom said, and dad grabbed her hand, lacing their fingers together.

I held back the urge to purge and grabbed the handle to my suitcase that had fallen to the floor.

I hope the guest room is far away from Tyler's room.

I shoved my suitcase in the trunk of the car, and climbed into the backseat.

I pulled out my phone and a pair of earbuds, and stuck the ear buds in my ears.

I started playing Avril Lavigne and bopped my head along to the beat.

Before I knew it, we were pulling up to the Young's house.

It was a beautiful brick house with white shutters and a white door.

The windows were wide and tall, along with the flowerpots on the front porch.

There were rose bushes surrounding the porch, along with a few other bushes.

I don't belong here.

The moment we got out of the car, a blonde woman who looked to be in her thirties came rushing out to greet us.

"Hey guys! Dinner is already done, and Tyler and Macie are already in there setting the table. It's great to have you guys! And hi Devan, why don't you look as gorgeous as ever. Let's go inside and eat." She smiled, before turning and walking back to the house in a quick pace.

I'm assuming Macie is their other child, although I didn't know Tyler had a sister. I wonder how old she is.

We entered the beautiful home, and I fell in awe at how amazing the house is.

The walls had both a cream color, and a dark purple color.

The counters were marble, and it all just made me feel at home.

When we entered the dining room, Tyler and a redheaded girl who looked about fourteen, were already seated, looking ready to eat.

What shocked me, was Tyler didn't look nearly as angry as usual, that is, until we can into the room.

When his gaze met mine, his eyes turned cold and dark.

What did I ever do to him?

"Go ahead and sit down guys, I'll bring the turkey out here." Mrs. Young said, and we all took our seats.

"I'm Devan, I heard you're Macie?" I offered the girl a smile, which she returned.

"Yeah, it's great to meet you. Don't worry about Tyler, he'll warm up to you eventually." She leaned in so she could whisper the last part.

I forced a laugh, before sitting straighter and offering Tyler a smile, which he didn't bother returning.

This is going to be a long few weeks.

***

Are you guys enjoying the book so far? Leave your thoughts in the comments, don't be a silent reader.

Bye!