PROLOGUE

When Aspen Blue was three, her loving mother bought her her very first Barbie doll. Marie Blue couldn't tell if her daughter liked it at first, but once the girl let out a small squeal and held the doll to her chest, she smiled in relief.

Marie stood and walked into the kitchen to grab herself a coffee as a reward, but when she returned to her beautiful daughter she was frozen in shock. Little Aspen had completely decapitated the doll and was banging the now headless Barbie against the couch.

Aspen's father, Stanley, walked into the room and began laughing at his angel who was still violently beating up the poor, defenseless Barbie doll.

It was in that moment that the Blues realized their daughter was going to be trouble.

When Aspen Blue was six, she decided she wanted to play sports. Her mother wanted her to be a dancer, like herself, so she signed her up for ballet. However, after Aspen "accidentally" broke another girls leg, (in her defense, the girl did step in Aspen's way) the Blue's decided that dancing just wasn't for her.

They tried soccer, basketball, tennis, etc, but Aspen hated each activity (and was basically kicked out of them all for being too aggressive). After analyzing their daughters behavior, Stanley made the wonderful suggestion to sign their child up for karate.

To say she excelled is an understatement, the young girl completely dominated, earning her black belt at record pace. Because of this sport, the girl got into gymnastics, and eventually was able to combine her flips and kicks into some extremely powerful hand-to-hand combat moves.

Aspen became so good that she began fighting boys, and in one tournament, she managed to make one cry and another forfeit in fear of getting injured while facing her.

It was in that moment that the Blues realized their daughter was tough.

When Aspen Blue was eight, her family went canoeing for the very first time. Aspen fell in love with the beauty of nature, and was completely awestruck the entire time. She watched as the fish swam beneath her and the birds flew through the sky, and she made a promise to herself that she would never harm a living creature ever again--not even a bug.

When her family came to a small bank, they stopped the canoe and observed as people jumped off of the surrounding cliffs into the water. Some smaller kids were jumping off of the lower area, but some adults were leaping off of the section of the incline that was about fifty feet from the deep water below. Before her parents could protest, Aspen bounced up from her spot on the bank and scaled the small rock that lead you to the path above. The young girl could hear her parents protests as she raced up to the highest point and threw herself off the cliff.

Once she came up for air after landing in the chilly water, she laughed and floated around on her back. For those few seconds she was in the air, Aspen learned how it felt to fly. She swam back to her horrified parents with a toothy grin as the people around began clapping for the brave girl.

It was in that moment that the Blues realized their daughter was fearless.

When Aspen Blue was ten, her parents, who happened to be two of the most well-respected scientists in Tennessee, decided that their daughter needed harder schooling. In fact, the girl seemed to be so intelligent that her mother wanted her tested. Marie brought her to special classes and courses and developed her beautiful girls brain until she was the top student in her entire school.

Aspen was on her way to becoming a well-respected scientist herself, and her parents were absolutely thrilled. They were already looking into scholarship opportunities to the best science-based schools in the countries, and were fully prepared to move anywhere in the country for their daughters education.