TWELVE

"Look," Aspen whispered to Peter and pointed to a woman across the street from them, "Ten bucks she gets jumped." 

"What? How could you possibly tell-"

He was interrupted by two men coming out of an alley way, walking straight towards the woman. 

"Because she's wearing expensive jewelry and not paying attention to what she's doing." Aspen mumbled, walking towards the scene. "Plus I saw the two dudes pointing at her before hiding in the alley so, I win!" 

"That's cheating!" Peter exclaimed before walking out of the shadows himself and following the girl. 

He shot a web at a windowsill above the woman and quickly pulled himself up. Once he was perched, he looked down at the scene, narrowing his eyes. 

The shorter of the pair lunged forward and grabbed the woman, slamming her against the wall and pulling out a knife.

"Alright lady, we don't want to hurt you. Just give us all your money and jewels and we'll let you go." The taller one said from his place in front of the fearful woman.

"Wow, didn't your mother ever teach you manners?" Peter asked from his spot above, gaining the attention of all three people.

The woman let out a sob, and the short man screamed at her slamming her against the brick. 

"Fine, I guess I'll teach you." Spiderman said, slinging a web out and swinging down, kicking the knife out of the man's grasp.

Aspen ran out from the shadows and kicked the taller man in the back, knocking him to the ground. The man got up quickly, and turned to the girl with an angry face.

"Holy, tall." Aspen muttered, looking up at the giant man's frame. 

He jumped forward, swinging his fist in Aspen's direction but she dodged it easily. He tried again and again, only to miss each time. 

"Come on, man. This is kind of embarrassing." She said with a small laugh.

The man pulled out a knife and smirked, making Aspen roll her eyes.

"You've had a knife this whole time and are just now choosing to whip it out? You may be the worst criminal ever." She said, making the man seethe with rage.

He leaped forward, catching Aspen off guard, but she still managed to dodge the knife narrowly. While she was moving, though, the man kicked out, hitting her in the side. She let out a grunt in pain and stumbled a bit. The man noticed that she was off balance and slashed with the knife once again, this time cutting her across her left bicep. 

The girl let out a gasp and looked down at the cut. 

"Damn it. That's definitely going to scar." She cracked her neck and stared at the man with so much intensity he backed away. "My turn."

Before she attacked, she quickly glanced over to check on Peter. He was webbing the first man to the wall and she smile knowing he was safe. 

Aspen then lunged forward, punching the man in the gut before knocking the knife out of his hands. She was about to punch him in the head, which surely would've knocked him out, when the man drew a gun and aimed it at her head.

"Wow," she started fearlessly, "You really are the worst criminal ever." 

The man clenched his jaw and put his finger on the trigger, fully prepared to shoot the girl in front of him.

Peter turned and saw the seen, his eyes wide under his mask. 

"Don't!" The man screamed when he saw Peter hold his arm out to shoot a web, "If you move, I'll blow her brains out!"