TWENTY SEVEN

Aspen Blue and Peter Parker were laying side by side on the girls bed while Tony Stark continued to work on figuring out who sent them the supposed location of Aspen's father. 

It was Sunday, so Peter thankfully didn't have to worry about school, and he had come to the Avenger's tower early that morning to help with the mission (he actually just wanted to see Aspen). 

"Your friend, the one I met that one time at the Pizza place, what was his name again?" Aspen asked, wanting to know more about the boy next to her. 

"Ned."

"Right! He was nice. Do y'all go to the same school?" 

Peter giggled and mocked the girl with a deep country accent. "Y'all!"

"Shut up," She laughed and nudged Peter's side.

Stoping his laughter, Peter put his arms behind his head and replied, "Yeah, we both go to Midtown School of Science and Technology." 

"You know my parents wanted me to go there. Back when I was here getting cancer treatment they found the school and fell absolutely in love with it." Aspen said with a nostalgic smile.

"Yeah, it's a good school I guess.." His words faded out and Aspen turned her head to look at him.

"Do you not like it?"

"No, yeah I like it! It's a great school don't get me wrong, it's just, I'm not exactly very popular there.."

"You," she started sarcastically, "Peter Parker, the king of nerds, is not popular at nerd school? I'm shocked, honestly." 

"That's not what I meant," he said turning his head to her--he had to act like it isn't bother him how their faces were now inches apart. "My only friend is Ned, well and I guess I'm friends with this girl Michelle, but I'm not really sure, she's kind of weird, but anyway, I don't play any sports, I'm do the academic decathlon--"

"You do decathlon?" She said with excitement.

"Yeah.." His voice was unsure as he spoke.

"I've always wanted to do that! I'm such a competitive person, and I know that I'm smart, and I've always wanted to out-smart other nerds--oh my gosh I'm geeking out, I apologize." 

"No, it's okay," his laughter filled his words, "It was cute." 

Both of the teens blushed lightly and hoped the other didn't notice.

"So do you just wish you had more friends, or?" Aspen asked, bringing the conversation back on topic. 

"Well, no, not really. There's this jerk called Flash-"

"Let me stop you there," Aspen interrupted, "You let yourself get bullied by a guy named Flash?

Peter shot Aspen a glare and continued talking. "Yeah, well he's one of the cool nerds I guess, and so when he makes fun of me, everyone does. He even calls me.." The boy hesitated.

"What does he say? Come on tell me, Parker." 

The boy mumbled something under his breath, but Aspen had no idea what he said.

"What?"

He mumbled again and Aspen let out a small laugh and poked his cheek. "Pete, tell me I promise I won't laugh." 

"You can't laugh."

"I won't!"

"Fine. They call me," he hesitated again before sighing, "Penis Parker."

Aspen busted out laughing. Full on, stomach clenching, tears-down-the-face laughing. 

"They," laugh, "call you," inhale, "Penis Parker?!" laugh.