NINETEEN

Aspen Blue insisted that she and Tony leave for the Hydra base as soon as possible, so the two ended up flying to Virginia at seven that Sunday morning. They had been in the air for about forty minuets, so Aspen knew that the short flight was nearly over with. 

The night before, Aspen had to once again explain to Peter why he wasn't allowed to come with them. She wanted to keep Peter away from the danger that came with her personal life, and she made sure to express that very clearly. She told him that he needed to protect New York while Tony was gone, and that was enough to convince him to stay. 

The girl didn't say it to Peter, but another reason she didn't want him to come was because if he got hurt because of her, she would never be able to forgive herself. 

Aspen looked out the front window of the jet at the dark clouds and early morning sky. She was sitting in a chair near the back of the jet, allowing Tony (or probably Friday) to fly the machine. 

Her knee was bouncing up and down impatiently as she anxiously waited for them to reach their destination.  her back straighten and her body became alert when she suddenly heard a small noise behind her. 

She slowly peeked over her shoulder and saw nothing. She let out a breath and shook her head, cracking her knuckles. She was probably just nervous and paranoid. 

Aspen decided to trust her instincts when the hairs on the back of her neck stood up, so she stood up from her chair carefully and made her way towards the back of the aircraft.

Her brown eyes panned the area and when she heard anther small creak from behind a storage door to her right, she threw the door open, grabbed the person from behind the door and pinned them to the wall in one swift movement. 

Her face was hard and her breathing heavy from the exhilaration as she glared harshly at the trespasser.

"Peter?!" She said, her face twisting with anger.

"Oh, h-hey Aspen." He said with wide eyes staring at the girl who was pressing him to the wall.

Peter was trying really hard not to think about how close the two were in that moment. 

"What the hell are you doing  here?" She said harshly, letting the boy go and stepping back.

"I wanted to help!" He exclaimed with a small voice crack.

"I thought I told you that it's too dangerous! You were supposed to stay in New York!"

"Yeah, well-" Peter started his response but Aspen quickly cut him off.

"Tony!"  She yelled and walked back towards the front of the jet.

"Aspen, no!" Peter said following behind her.

"Tony! Peter came even though we told him not too!" Aspen said in a way that made her sound like a child telling on another kid.

"What?!" Tony said, turning around and meeting the scared boys eyes. "Kid, we told you you weren't allowed to come! Who's going to watch New York while we are gone?"

"Um-"

"That's it, I'm turning this jet around, we're going home!" Tony said, throwing his hands up in the air.

Aspen's eyes widened and she jumped forward holding her arms out towards Iron Man. "No!" She said rather loud, "We can't! We are almost there, please let's just go. We can lock Peter on the jet once we get there!"

"Hey!" Peter called in objection, but Tony had already agreed and sat back down in his chair. 

"I can't believe you, Pete. Why would you put yourself in danger like this?" Aspen seethed at the boy next to her.