SEVENTEEN

"Aspen, focus!" Natasha Romanoff shouted from her position above the girl.

The two were sparring and Black Widow had just managed to pin Aspen to the mat for the fourth time in a row. 

"I know how strong you are, and I know you can fight; I saw you do it!" The intimidating woman leaned down with a stern face, "So get up, and fight." 

Aspen clenched her jaw and stood up, preparing to fight the woman again. The two held their fists up and circled each other on the mat. Aspen watched Nat's feet as they expertly moved across the floor and she glanced up before lurching forward in an attempt to punch the older woman.

Before she could even lay a hand on her, Natasha knocked her out of the way and sent a kick to her chest, knocking Aspen off balance and causing her to fall to the ground once again. 

The skilled assassin leaned down with a sigh. "If you can't learn how to throw an unpredictable punch, you won't stand a chance at the Hydra base." 

Aspen laid flat on the mat and closed her eyes in frustration. "I know."

"Then why are you holding back?"

The young Blue sat up, pursing her lips. "I don't want to lose control." 

Natasha gave her a quizzical look and Aspen continued. "When I was at Hydra, all of the serums they injected into me had unintended side effects. Every time I fought I would grow more ferocious and bloodthirsty and boiling rage would build inside me. I-I'm afraid that if I lose control, I won't be able to pull back. I'm afraid that I'll kill someone."

Nat put a comforting hand on the girls shoulder and gave her a tight lipped smile. "Sometimes I want to start over. I've killed so many people that it doesn't even effect me anymore." The assassin laughed, closing her eyes and shaking her head. 

She then turned to the young Blue with a serious face, "I'll try my best to help you find the balance between strength and control. Now go take a break." 

Aspen stood up from the mat, wiping sweat on her forehead and began walking towards the door. She was fully prepared to go eat a snack. 

"Hey, Aspen." Natasha called, and the young girl turned. "Have hope. I know you can do it, you just need to have more faith in yourself."

Aspen smiled at the woman's kind words and exited the room. 

Natasha watched with a small grin on her face as the girl left. Aspen reminded her a lot of herself. They were both fighters, strong minded, and were forced to grow up way to fast. Natasha didn't want Aspen to be plagued with the same future that she had, so she made a vow to herself to help guide the girl in any way that she could. 

She didn't want Aspen to be a killer, and she was glad that the girl already had that restraint in mind. 

Natasha Romanoff didn't want Aspen Blue to be anything like her; she wanted her to be better. 

After another hour of training, Natasha had to leave, so she ended the session for the day. Secretly, Aspen was grateful, but on the outside she opted to act disappointment that her fitness training had ended. 

Deciding that she had burned far too many calories, Aspen ravenged through Tony Stark's fridge and ate just about everything in there that didn't disgust her. However, her stomach still growled, begging her for more food.

The girl threw herself onto the nearby couch with a dramatic sigh and grabbed her phone from the coffee table, calling Peter Parker.

"Hello?"