ELEVEN

The only thing Aspen Blue hated more than social interaction was waking up early. The girl was not even close to being a morning person, so when Peter screamed for her to wake up at seven in the morning, she was furious.

"Aspen Eileen Blue, you get up this instant!" He yelled, once again pulling a mama bear on her.

"Peter, it's seven in the morning on a Saturday," she said dramatically, burying her head in the pillow. "Don't you like to sleep in on the weekends? You know cause school and stuff?"

"Sleeping in wastes the day, and I don't like to waste my days!" Peter said way too cheerfully for her sour mood.

"Come on, Blue, get up. Don't make me come up there." He threatened, putting his hands on his hips.

Aspen wanted to laugh, but she was far too tired and annoyed to do so.

With a sigh, Peter dropped his hands and straightened his posture. "Would it help if I said I made you pancakes?"

Aspen's head shot up from her pillow at his words, and she quickly threw off the covers and climbed down the ladder. She flew past Peter and ran to the kitchen, looking around desperately for the food.

"You hoe! You lied to me!" Aspen exclaimed, throwing her hands up in the air.

"Yes, but it got you out of bed." Peter's matter-of-fact tone made Aspen want to punch him in the face. "Did you just call me a hoe?" Peter's face scrunched up in confusion.

She crossed her arms and pouted, walking back towards his bedroom fully prepared to get back under the covers and sleep more.

"Wait, Aspen, no," Peter called after her, realizing what she was doing. "I'll buy you food if it makes you feel better."

In response to his words, Aspen grabbed her bag and headed towards the bathroom with a smug smile on her face. She quickly got dressed and ready and walked out of the bathroom to see Peter and his Aunt taking.

"Oh, what a surprise, you're wearing black." Peter sarcastically spoke and Aspen rolled her eyes.

"Good morning, May." She said, completely ignoring the boy.

"Good morning, Aspen. Sorry Peter woke you up so early, he's an early riser." May said with a laugh, truly hoping the girl wasn't bothered.

"It's alright, I'm just not much of a morning person." Aspen responded politely, even though she wanted to scream out that it was not alright whatsoever.

Peter told May that the two were going to go get breakfast and she gave him money. The fifteen year old was completely broke, for he didn't have time to get a job between school and his Spiderman activities. He was a little embarrassed to have to get money from his aunt, but figured it was better than nothing.

The teens thanked the kind woman before exiting the apartment, Aspen following as Peter led her to his favorite coffee shop. The girl smiled at the cute appearance of the place, and read the big, handprinted sign that said "Stacy's" in cursive letters. The bell chimed as they walked through the door and Aspen was hit with several sweet fragrances.

The smile never left her face as they both order--Aspen of course getting a hot chocolate--and it remained as they sat down in the booth. She also made sure to order a stack of pancakes, her stomach begging for them ever since Peter bribed her with them.

"Why are you smiling like that?" Peter asked, taking a small sip of his drink.

"This place is cute, I like it." Aspen's brown eyes traveled across the cafe and noticed that no one else was in there.