THIRTY

When Aspen Blue woke up she was not in the warm comfort of her own bed. Instead she was lying on a cool floor, and her eyes were met with a white celling. 

She sat up slowly and took her surroundings in before she realized that she was back in the cell Tony had trapped her in a long time ago. 

"Tony?" She called out, standing up from the ground in confusion. "What's going on? Peter? Anyone?" 

Tony Stark then walked into the room with his hands behind his back and a stern look on his face. "Oh, hey there Aspen."

"What the hell is going on? Why did you put me in here?" She was frantically asking questions, for she had no idea what she could have possibly done to upset the man. 

"Because I know you're a liar. I know that you've been playing me and Peter this whole time, and I'm not letting you get away with that." Tony spoke in a threatening tone, and it cause Aspen to have fear bubble inside her and mix with her confusion. 

"What are you talking about, Tony?" She asked desperately. 

"Oh, stop the innocent act, we caught you red handed!" Tony opened the small window on the glass down and threw in a small object. 

It took a second, but Aspen soon realized what it was: her flash drive. 

Her mouth was agape and her eyes wide and she quickly tried to defend herself. "Oh no, Tony, I can explain that, I swear!" 

"Then you better get to it, kid, cause I'm about ten seconds away from leaving you here forever." Tony was angry on the outside, but secretly he wanted the girl's story to make sense--he didn't want her to be the liar he thought she could possibly be. 

"When I first came to the tower, I used my program to get all of that information. It was I used Peter to bring me here and when I met you for the first time." She spoke slowly, making sure to tell the whole truth. "Yes, I stole your files and hijacked Friday, but I never used them for anything bad or showed them to anyone. The reason I took them, was because I was planning on finding my parents on my own and I knew I would need your resources. But then, you turned out to be different that I thought you would be--and so did Peter--and you helped me and there was no need for me to use my program anymore. That's the full, honest truth Tony, you have to believe me." 

Tony sat there for a while and took in all of the girls information. What she said did make sense, for when he was looking through her (extremely impressive) program, he saw that it was activated the day the two met. 

"So that's how you escaped this cell that one day, and how you opened file two on your own." Tony went over the events in his mind and the pieces began to fall into place. 

"I believe you, Aspen. But that doesn't change anything." Tony said, shaking his head firmly. 

"What? Tony I'm not a lair, I just proved it to you! What more do you want from me?" Aspen was beginning to panic now, for she didn't know what was going through the billionaire's mind. 

 The man pulled out a tablet and slammed it against the glass door. "This is why I can't let you out." He pointed at something in the corner of the image and Aspen walked closer to get a better look. 

She recognized the image to be that pf her mother's death, but she didn't know what the man was pointing at. Once she finally focused on what he was referring to, though, her heart stopped and her eyes widened in both fear and confusion. 

"Is that me?" She breathed out, her face full of dark emotions. 

The man nodded and removed the tablet from the glass. "Yup, and if you can tell me how it's possible for you to have been both there and unaware of the event, I'll let you go." The man challenged.