THIRTY SEVEN

"There it is." Tony Stark said, gesturing towards the large building in front of them. "The Tennessee State Prison. No one is supposed to be here without permission from the land owner, and it's really difficult to get inside." 

Aspen eyed the large building in front of her skeptically. "It's huge. How are we going to watch over all of it?" 

"You see, when I sent my surveillance down here the first time, I wasn't able to get the camera inside. So, we are going to have to split up and put cameras in all of these points." Tony explained.

He held out a device that projected an image of the building and had pinpointed areas of where they needed to put the cameras. There were about eighteen points, and Aspen knew that it would be wise to split up and not waste any time. Peter, however, did not agree. 

"Split up? Hell no! Haven't you seen Scooby Doo? Splitting up is always a terrible idea!" Peter said, throwing his arms around in wild gestures.

"Yeah, and remember what happens when they split up? They always find the villain." Aspen snapped back, turning towards Tony and pointing at his projection. "I'll take these six points." She circled the ones on the left side of the Prison with her pointer finger.

Tony handed the girl a bag with six extremely small cameras for her to place on the walls. He then turned to give Peter his share, and reluctantly, the boy grabbed them, still not happy about this part of the plan. 

"I think it's a good idea to be suited up when we go in. We are out of the public eye now and can work faster that way. Plus if we run into any trouble we can be prepared." Aspen suggested, and the two men nodded.

Tony pressed a button on his watch and pulled the metal around to form the hand-portion of his suit. He then pressed another button that summoned the rest of his armor from the Quinjet. It all flew through the air before landing on the correct places on the man's body, eventually forming the iconic Iron Man suit. 

Aspen rolled her eyes and mumbled "show off" under her breath before removing the clothes that were on top of her new suit. 

"So how are we going to get in?" Peter asked, starting to shrug off the clothes he had on.

Tony pulled the holographic map back up and positioned himself so everyone could see. "Aspen, you use this entry point. Peter this one, and I'll take the center. Meet back out here when you have finished putting up all six of your cameras, and try to make it quick." 

The teens nodded in agreement and Aspen took a deep breath in. 

"Here, put these in." Tony handed both of them an ear piece so that they could communicate with each other while separated. "If you meet any trouble, you shout into that thing immediately, got it?" He was mainly staring at Aspen as he spoke.

Both Peter and Tony knew that Aspen would much rather be the only one hurt, but they had to get it through her stubborn mindset that that wasn't going to happen. She needed to understand that they were there to help her, and both of them were willing to do anything necessary to protect her.

Aspen nodded with pursed lips before turning and walking in the direction of her entry point. Tony had also given both of them a watch that would have the map and the pinpointed locations in it so that they would know exactly where to go. 

Before she got very far, Peter grabbed her hand and spun her around.

"Aspen, it's your turn to make a promise with me now. If you see anything that will lead us in the direction of Hydra, you tell us. Don't try to do this on your own, alright? We are here to help you and I'm not-we're not letting you get hurt."