EIGHT

The two teams sprinted towards each other and Aspen began to make a game plan. She knew she was strong--nearly as strong as Steve Rogers himself--but she also knew that she had the tendency to hold back. 

Aspen didn't like to lose control. She had done it once back at Hydra, and it was very hard to pull herself back. When fighting, she often found herself slipping into a more animalistic mindset, and she didn't like that at all. In those moments, Aspen would remind herself of the promise she made when she was eight: she would never harm another living creature. Aspen Blue was lucky enough to have never killed anyone in her time at Hydra. She was too early in her training at the time Bucky broke her out to have ever actually been on a mission, but she was extremely grateful.

If Aspen ever killed someone, her mind simply wouldn't be able to handle it. That's why when both of the teams collided, her final game plan was to stick with fighting Peter. 

Deep in her mind, she knew she would never actually be able to hurt him, so in order to keep herself from losing control, she lunged at the boy and began to throw punches at him. 

"Seriously, Aspen?" Peter asked, dodging another one of her many punches, "Have I not made it clear enough that I don't want to fight you?"

The girl didn't respond, instead glared at the boy and took a step back. Before she could do anything else, Peter shot a web and pulled himself away, going over to fight Captain America. 

"Hey!" A voice called and Aspen turned to see Sam, "You still wanna punch Tony Stark in the face?"

"Hell yeah," Aspen smirked and walked over to the Falcon.

He grabbed her and picked her up, flying in the direction of Iron Man, and once they reached him, Sam let go of the girl. Aspen landed on the ground with a roll (looking super badass if she did say so herself) as Sam continued flying, going on to fight someone else. 

"Aspen, loving the outfit." Tony Stark said turning to face the girl and removing the face section of the suit. 

"You broke a promise, Stark. You locked me away when you said you wouldn't. That wasn't very nice."

"Yeah, how did you get out of there anyway? I tried to check the security footage but it was just poof! Gone. What did you-" Before the man could finish, Aspen jumped forward and punched Tony in the face. 

"Finally," she whispered with a smile.

"Um, Rude." Tony said, recovering from the hit.

"You really can't be mad at me for lying to you, though. You know, considering that you did the same to Peter."

"Alright, I did not lie to Peter, I just didn't tell him exactly who i was or my exact intentions..." She trailed off at the end, rubbing her arm. 

"So you played him," Tony started, scratching his chin like he was thinking. "You're a player. A play-girl. Part of me would be slightly proud if you weren't trying to beat me up." 

"Shut up," she said, readying herself to punch him again.

Before she could, much to her disappointment, War Machine flew in and picked her up, carrying her away from Tony Stark. He dropped her at a random point, and Aspen let out a small squeal as she hit the ground. She looked around for one of her teammates and saw Hawkeye nearby. 

"Don't mind if I do," she mumbled, raising her eyebrows and jogging in her heroes direction.

She noticed that the man was talking in his earpiece--which she was very sad she wasn't given one--and waited for him to finish and tell her what everyone said.