THIRTY EIGHT

Aspen Blue struggled to keep her eyes open as she stared mindlessly at the screen in front of her. 

Throughout the entire night, the three took shifts to watch the cameras and make sure that nothing suspicious happened inside the prison. Tony was watching first, but his time ended, making it the young Blue's turn. She desperately wanted to close her eyes and drift into a deep sleep, but she knew that she had a job to do. 

In a chair across the room from her was a sleeping Peter Parker, and Aspen couldn't help but notice how cute he looked while he laid with his cheek resting on his hand, causing his face to be squished in an adorable way. 

He looked so peaceful while he slept. During the day, the boy carried so much weight on his shoulders. He was constantly worrying about everything and taking responsibility for things that didn't even involve him, and Aspen could see that it was wearing him out. The boy was exhausted, and she wanted nothing more than for him to get his rest an eventually realize that not everything needed his constant attention. 

But now as he lay there, he looked younger somehow. The constant crease of confusion was no longer between his brows, and his face was completely relaxed; he simply looked free. He no longer looked like a strong superhero, he looked like boy, and in that moment, Aspen realized that that was exactly what he was. 

Peter Parker was just a boy that grew up way too fast. 

Pieces of his hair were falling across his forehead and Aspen wanted nothing more than to brush them away. She wanted to run her fingers through his soft hair and comfort him in any way that she could because that is exactly what he does for her. 

She needed to be there for him just like he was for her because he was just a boy that got thrown into a world full of villains an evil just by getting a spider bite. 

As she stared at the boy that was Peter Parker, Aspen had the strangest thought. It was a thought that hadn't appeared in her twisted mind since she was a little girl crushing on a boy named Harrison, and she didn't know if she liked it or not. It somewhat scared her that despite the stressful mission she was desperately trying to focus on she could still have thoughts like this, but in the end she decided that it was okay because she was at least starting to feel again. 

In that moment Aspen Blue thought about walking over to Peter Parker and pressing her lips to his. She wanted to feel his warm hands on her waist pulling her closer, and she wanted his soft pink lips to dance across her own in a rhythmic way that only he could perfect. 

But, she didn't. 

Instead she tore her gaze away from the boy and once again looked at the monitor before her. She scanned her eyes across each empty room and tried to distract herself from thinking about the boy across the room, but it was extremely difficult. 

Aspen's right hand slowly made it's way to her left and she felt the cool metal of the silver bracelet the boy had given her. She hadn't taken it off since that night, and she never planned to.  

To her, it meant so much more than just a simple birthday gift. It meant that there was someone out there that cared enough about her to go out and find something that they thought she would like. 

Her whole life, the only people that showed any ounce of emotion towards her was her parents, but now she had two people that cared about her and that felt really good. 

Her hand rubbed across the sleek material covering her arm and she smiled lightly. Tony Stark had made her that suit because he cared about her, just as Peter had given her the bracelet because he cared.