Chapter: 13 First Day of Training

Sorry I haven't updated recently. I have been busy lately. Anyways, on with the story.

Several hours later.....

Takumi slowly opened the door to Sarah's room and quietly​ walk in to wake her up. Today he was going to try and help her train like he said earlier that day. He walk over to her sleeping form. She was curled up on the floor lightly breathing. That can't be comfortable, Takumi thought as he kneeled next to her his hand hovering over her head.

"Sarah, time to wake up and train." Takumi said softly while gently stroking her head.

"Huh? ....What..... Oh, Takumi, I guess you came to wake me up for training. Next time though, don't pet me like a dog or cat please?" Sarah said looking at her friend.

"Sorry Sarah, I wasn't sure if I could wake you easily. Anyways, we should head outside so we can train."

"Alright, I will be there in a minute."

Ten minutes later.....

"Okay, Sarah, what can you do to fight?" Takumi asked walking over  to her.

"Well, I have used my father's sword with my prehincile tail. I can fly and use my claws as well."

"Okay then, I guess we're going to have to figure out something." Takumi said sneaking behind her while carrying something.

Little did Sarah know that it was a saddle in his hands. He quickly placed the saddle on her back. Sarah was immediately caught off guard as Takumi strapped the saddle on.

"Sorry Sarah, I think the best thing for you on the battle is for you to have a rider instead of being on your own. Ryoma was right about you getting a rider." Takumi said standing up next to Sarah.

"Takumi, I refuse to take a rider on me. It is just strange that I was once a human, but now I'm a dragon. It is already hard for me to accept that. Maybe I shouldn't even get involved in this fight." She said laying down on the ground and placing her front claws on her face.

" Sarah, is something else bothering you?" Takumi asked reading her like a book.

"I-I-I'm​ scared."

"Scared of what?"

"Scared I won't be able to be human again." She finished as she kept her face hidden in shame.

"Sarah, I don't know if you will become human again, but I won't think of you any differently. Sarah, if it would help, I try to see if we can be partnered together during the battle so that I can be your rider. Just in case they try to partner you with someone else."

"I guess you riding me is better than some random army member riding me."

"Well then, let's get started." Takumi said as he gently climbed on Sarah and sat down on the saddle. As soon as he was secured, Sarah flew up into the air. Takumi had her fly in a circle above a target he set up. He took aim with his Fujjin Yumi, and shot the target. He had Sarah slowly descend to the ground. After landing on the ground, he immediately got off of her and walked over to the target.

"Dead center......" Takumi whispered under his breath.

"Takumi, did we do okay with my flying and your arrow skills?"

"Sarah, I think we are going to be partnered together permanently. It hit dead center and your flying skills are already amazing. Of course, we will still have to practice; however, we should be fine." Takumi said stroking her head.

"Sorry Sarah, I forgot."

"No, it's okay. I know what I said earlier, but to be honest, it kind of feels good. I guess it is because I'm a dragon." Sarah said walking toward the door. Sarah and Takumi walked down the hall together until they reached their rooms.

"See you later, Takumi."

"Sarah, how about I bring your food to your room and discuss our next training session over dinner?"

"Okay, that way we can talk about it without trying to hear over the others." Sarah said as Takumi opened and closed her door for her.

"Well now, does my brother have a crush on a certain someone?" Ryoma said sneaking up behind Takumi.

"It's not like that. We are just friends. Besides, she is a dragon."

"What about when she's normal again?"

"Wait Ryoma, there is a way to get her back to normal?"

"Yes, Sarah and the others can get back to normal. We found out that Syndrome use a special stone to turn them into dragons. The stone is easy to break. If it is broken, they will go back to normal." Ryoma said.

"I will tell her later about it. Thanks brother."

"Your welcome."

Well, here is another chapter finished.