Chapter 14: A Quiet Dinner

A knock rang throughout Sarah's room as she got ready for dinner.

"You can come in, Takumi." She said, waiting for him to open the door. Takumi sat down in a chair that was in the room from earlier that morning.

"Sarah, I found out from Ryoma that you can get back to normal again. Also, I figured we can start training at the same time tomorrow."

"Takumi, when did you find out about me being able to go back to normal?"

"I found out after I let you back into your room. Anyways......."

"Takumi?"

"Yes, Sarah?"

"What do you think we should do about training when I go back to being human?"

"Well, I can teach you how to use your mom's bow. I can also check into Ryoma training you with you dad's sword."

"Takumi......... What will happen to me when I'm human again? After all, my people and I don't have a home to return to as far as I know."

"Oh Sarah, ........ If that is the case and there is nothing left of your home, Ryoma will probably let your people stay here in Hoshido, and Xander might let some people stay in Nohr. As to what will happen to you, I don't know. I just hope I will still be around when that time comes. After all, I would hate for my best friend to go missing again."

"I am sorry about not being around all those years. I have been on the run for years, fighting to survive."

"Sarah, it's not your fault. Anyways, we should finish eating so that you can get to bed."

"You're right, Takumi. Thank you." Sarah said as she began eating.

After eating their dinner, Takumi quickly brought the dishes to the kitchen and came back. As he opened the door, he sat down next to her on the floor. Shortly after he sat down, he realized she had fallen asleep.
Oh well, I guess I can wait to see if she will wake up, Takumi thought. He began gently stroking her head.

"If only you knew......" Takumi trailed off while thinking out loud, "....then you would know how I felt when you went missing and how I feel now."

Takumi slowly stood up and walked out of her room. He latched the door quietly behind himself, and he went into his room. Little did he know that Sarah was awake and heard every word he had said. I wonder what he meant by that, Sarah thought slowly falling asleep.

Another chapter complete. This story is going to start picking up pace soon.