Chapter 1: I'm really REALLY good at my job.

"Agent 003, please report to the commander's office. Agent 003, please report to the commander's office," Jen Loman, the agency's intern, said over the intercom. I was sitting at my computer, not doing anything particularly useful. Commander Ross tells us to always keep ourselves busy by finding ways to help others, because there were endless opportunities for that in our line of work. At the moment, I was... helping myself with a little relaxation. Yeah, let's go with that.

Hi, I don't think I've fully introduced myself. I'm Aubrey Coleson, AKA agent 003. I'm fifteen years old, and yes, I'm a secret agent. I've worked for the agency ever since I was thirteen. It's only been two years, but Commander Ross treats me as though I were just as old and experienced as any of the other agents.

The agency met me when I was in a rough situation myself, but I was able to figure my way out of it. A man had broken into my house while I was home alone, and kept me hostage for a few hours. No big deal or anything. I was surprisingly calm and collected throughout the experience, and I eventually convinced the intruder to turn himself in. Once he and I left the house, Commander Ross approached me and asked me to join the agency. I was surprised, but of course I accepted! I mean, it doesn't get much cooler than this.

I have one older brother, Logan, and he is the best older brother anyone could ask for. He's my best friend. We get along 99.9% of the time, and the 0.1% we don't, it's normally for a stupid reason. Most of the time it's my fault, I'll admit.

Where was I?

Oh yeah. Commander Ross has just called me into his office. That either means a new assignment, or I'm in big trouble. I'll admit, I don't behave myself very often, but when I do, boy am I a perfect little angel! Hopefully it's a new assignment. Maybe a home break in, or a robbery! My success rate is relatively high in those types of cases. The possibilities are ENDLESS!

I slowly got out of my chair after one last spin. That spinning chair is one of the few things that make my office work a bit more bearable. When I reached Commander's office, I knocked three times, and then stepped inside.

"Hello, Aubrey," Commander said, flatly. 

"Commander Ross." I said. "What a pleasure it is, seeing you again!" I said. Angel mode, just in case I'm in trouble.

"Please, have a seat," Commander said motioning to the chair across from him. I sat down, but quickly began to feel uncomfortable. The look on his face told me I was in trouble. Crap.

"Uh... So... Commander... How've you been?" I asked him. Smooth, Aubrey. Real smooth.

"Oh, just fine. And you?" He asked.

"Oh, great! Just... you know... working hard," I said. Gosh, I need to work on this.

"Oh really?" Commander asked.

"Y-yes?" I stuttered. It came out as a question. Oh my. I'm soooo DEAD!

"Mmhmm... And putting a frog in Ms. Loman's coffee is... "working hard"?" he asked. I had to smirk a little at that one. Good times, good times...

"What? There was a frog in her coffee? That's crazy!" I said. Why am I so much better at lying when I'm on a mission? Maybe because the people I lie to aren't Commander Ross. It makes it much harder to lie to him, considering I trust him with my life.

"Aubrey..." He said in a warning tone.

"Okay, okay. You caught me," I said. A smile slowly crept across his face.

"It is actually sort of funny..." He said trailing off. Commander has always secretly liked my mischief. He only laughs when it's just us two, though. He started cracking up, so I couldn't help but laugh along with him. Once we had stopped, he regained his composure and so did I.