Chapter 12: You Did Not Just Go There

"Y-you?" I stuttered, staring in disbelief at the figure in front of me.
"Yes. Me." The person said, a creepy smile crawling across their face. Ick. Don't do that. Don't smile like that. Just... Gross. Look away.
"But why?" I asked. The person just laughed, like it was obvious. Well idiot, obviously it's not THAT OBVIOUS!
"You naive little girl." He said, stepping into the light. I could now fully see him. He was in dark jeans and a blue t-shirt. His hair was a little disheveled, but other than that, he looked the same as I last saw him.
"I'm not a little girl." I spoke, through my clenched jaw. I used my fingers to brush my dark brown hair out of my face. He's gonna get it.
"Yes, actually. You are." He said, obviously amused.
"Shut up, Bruce." I said.
"What was that?" He asked.
"Shut. Up." I said, louder this time. He looked a little surprised at how angry I was. He's SURPRISED?! He has my mom tied to a freaking chair! He's in MY house! He has MY brother! Speaking of which, I really should ask him about Logan...
"You really want to know WHY I'm doing this?" He asked, a little quieter than he had spoken before. He looked... Nervous. Maybe I scared him a little with my anger.
Kidnapper: 0 Aubrey: 1
"No. I don't want to know why you're in my house, why you have my mom tied up, or why you took my brother." I said, sarcastically.
"Hey, you better watch it!" He said.
"Or what?" I asked, glaring at him and clenching my fists.
"Look, I didn't do anything to your brother. I'm in your house because I was ordered to be here." Bruce said.
"By who?!" I quickly asked.
"You'll find out soon enough." Bruce said, smirking.
"Carson." I said, simply.
"How'd you...?" He asked, in disbelief.
"I saw him give you the paper. He let you go... Why?" I asked.
"I promised to help him. He said he'd turn me in if I didn't." Bruce said, shrugging.
"So.... Carson is the one that's after me?" I asked, confused.
"No. He's under strict orders of someone else. Someone on the inside." Bruce said. Commander. Commander is the master mind behind all of this.
"Oh." I said, quietly.
"Yeah...." Bruce said, awkwardly. I quickly regained my composure, and then turned to look back at him. He looked a little ashamed of himself. He should be. All of this just so he doesn't have to go to jail?! This doesn't even involve him! I shook my head and looked at him with disgust. That's right. You're disgusting. You're a disgusting little creature.
"Can I at least go to my room?" I asked him.
"What?" He asked.
"Well, if you're keeping us captive and all, can I at least go up to my room and do some homework?" I asked him, nonchalantly. I looked over at my mom, and she looked EXTREMELY confused.
"Um... I don't know..." He said. I sighed. "Alright. Fine. But if you try to escape, I will come up there and tie you down. Got it?" He asked. I nodded, and laughed a little to myself. He could never take me down. In fact, why haven't I taken him down this entire time? Oh yeah... He knows where my brother is.
"I won't try to escape." I said. "And you should let my mom go too. She's gonna cook dinner."
"Ummm...." Bruce said.
"She'll make whatever you want. And you can just make yourself at home. The TV remote should be on the couch." I said. He looked stunned.
"I...but... Okay." He said, finally. I slowly walked to my mom and untied her.
"Act normal." I whispered in her ear. She gave me the 'are-you-sure-you-know-what-you're-doing' look. I get that look a lot. "Trust me." I whispered, before turning around.
"W-what would you l-like for d-dinner?" She asked, shakily. What happened to acting normal?!
"Oh, anything' fine." Bruce said, shyly. Wow. He's not very good at the whole bad-guy thing. He seems like a nice person.
"Al-alright." My mom said, scurrying into the kitchen.
I darted up the stairs and into my room, locking the door behind me. I could jump out of my window and escape... But that would mean leaving Mom with Bruce. Yeah, not a good idea. Think Aubrey! Think! I shouted to myself, in my head.
I could call someone... Yeah! I'll call someone! But... Who do I call when the man in charge of the CIA is after my family??? Okay... This is a tough one... I've got it! Karen and Davie! Yeah! Back up! I quickly dialed Davie's number. It rang three times.
"Come on. Come on. Pick up." I mumbled out loud to myself.
"Hello?" Davie's voice rang through my phone.
"Davie!" I exclaimed.
"Oh, hey!" He said. I could here his smile through his voice. He's just such a happy person all of the time!
"Okay, well my mom and I are being held captive at my house, my brother is being held captive somewhere else, and Commander and Carson and other people are after me and my family." I said quickly, all in one breath.
"Wow. Sounds like you've gotten yourself into quite a pickle!" Davie said. A pickle? That's ALL this is to him? Oh gosh...
"Yeah. I need a little back up..." I said.
"Oh, sure! I'll be there in a few! Buh-bye!" He said, and hung up. Wow.
I then dialed Karen's number. She picked up almost immediately. "Hello?" She said.
"Karen! I need you and Davie at my house pronto! He'll explain." I said, not feeling like stating the entire thing over again.
"Oh... Okay? See you then..." She said, confusedly.
"Bye." I said, and hung up. Now, all I can do is wait.
But how long can I wait, until it's too late for us? For me? For my mom? For my brother? Everything's falling apart... And it's my fault.

(a/n: Okay, so I've been seeing other writers write REALLY LONG author's notes so here's my attempt.

THIS THURSDAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!! Yeah, you don't care lol.(: But I'm also taking a trip to Washington, D.C. this thursday too! I know, Happy Birthday to me, right?(:

This isn't going so well... I'm just really not good at these things. But I'll get better, I promise! Lol.(: Practice makes Perfect, right?

i'm done with this thing. Peace out!

P.s. What do you think is going to happen to Aubrey? How do you think this is going to end?)