Chapter 10: The Answers

The rest of the investigation went smoothly. I took photos of Logan's message, but didn't tell the others. I was still worried that Carson may have been a part of my brother's abduction.

The only other evidence the agents came up with, was a few finger prints on a refrigerator. Davie sent them to Ellen to be scanned and analyzed.

Carson kept giving me weird looks. Every time I'd turn around, he'd be staring at me... I should just punch him in the face. Yeah, that would teach him. But I'm not that kind of person... Who am I kidding?! I am SO that type of person!

Luckily, the investigation ended before I could hurt Carson. He's really getting on my nerves...

"Alright, I'm heading back to the agency." I told agent 009 and 026. I didn't care if Carson was listening or not.

"Okay. I'll come with you." Karen said, as she fixed her long red hair into a pony tail.

"Sounds good. Carson and I will just hang around here for a while longer." Davie said. I think he could tell I was in no mood to talk to Carson.

"Let's go." I said to Karen. She followed me out to my motorcycle, and then hopped on another motorcycle parked right beside mine. "Oh, you have a motorcycle too?" I said.

"Yeah!" She replied.

"Cool!" I said. Wow, I really sound dumb. We both started up our bikes and then drove to the agency. She did pretty well keeping up with me.

We pulled into the parking lot and parked our vehicles. "That was fun! I haven't ridden that fast in a LONG time!" Karen exclaimed. I laughed at her excitement.

"You should ride with me more often then." I said, amused. She nodded.

"Let's go see Ellen first." Karen said.

"Yes. That's probably a good idea." I said. We walked down a few hallways and entered the tech lab.

"Hello Coleson." Ellen said, without even glancing over her shoulder.

"Hey." I said.

"And hello Agent Durman. I didn't expect you to be here." She said. How does she know all of this?! She hasn't even looked at us yet!

"H-hi." Karen stuttered, obviously just as surprised as I was.

"Okay, so I tried to recover the files, but whoever deleted them, must be REALLY good at covering their tracks. Don't worry, I'll keep working on it." Ellen said.

"Thanks." I said, truly grateful.

"No problem. Also, those prints you found are still going through the DNA tests. Those won't come up for a few days." She said.

"I know." I said, and I really did know. I've worked here for a while and DNA testing takes a LONG time.

"Sorry about your brother." Ellen said. Everyone's sorry. But why are they so sorry? It's not like it's their fault. If anything it's mine...

"It's alright." I said.

"Got it!" Ellen exclaimed.

"You got the files opened?!" I asked, excitedly.

"No, I entered an online auction and I just won a refrigerator!" Ellen squealed, clapping her hands. I rolled my eyes.

"Okay." I sighed.

"I'm going to head back to the scene incase they need back up. You okay?" Karen asked me.

"Yep. Just fine." I said. She nodded, and then left.

"You can sit down you know." Ellen said. I did what she said, and sat at a computer.

"Can I play games on here?" I asked her.

"Well... You're not supposed to... But I won't tell." She said, smiling. I nodded and went onto one of my favorite websites.

"Thanks for doing all of this, Ellen. I really appreciate it." I said, not looking away from my screen.

"No problem at all." Ellen said. I finished up my game, just in time to hear Ellen squeal again.

"Did you win something else from the auction?" I asked.

"Nope! I got the files!" She exclaimed, happily.

"Really?!" I said, getting out of my chair.

"I wouldn't say it if it wasn't true!" Ellen said.

"Ooh! Let me see!" I exclaimed.

"It's loading, so we have to wait." She said. We created a little small talk, mostly about her kids.

"And how many do you have again?" I asked her.

"Two." She answered. "Lilly and Megan."

"Cute!" I said. I was actually quite bored with this conversation. I had met both Lilly and Megan many, many times before. I didn't need to hear more about them.

Luckily, the computer finished loading right at that second. "Yes!" Ellen said. "Here." She got up, and let me sit at the computer.

"Okay... Okay... Nothing... Oh! There it is!" I said, as I scrolled. I found the pictures, and looked through them. I couldn't see the face of the blonde one, but I could see his accomplice.... Wait. No. That can't be right.... Are my eyes playing tricks on me? Is that... Commander?!

(A/n: hope you enjoy! Sorry bout the cliff hanger.(: hehehe)