Chapter 9: The Message

It's been a week since my brother disappeared. I've still had absolutely no leads. My mom is a mess and my dad has barely said a word since the disappearance. It feels like I'm the only person who's keeping it together... On the outside at least...

Commander Ross has been really nice to me lately, but I feel like he's pitying me. I HATE pity. Especially when its for me.

These are my reasons for what I was about to do. Life has just been to serious lately... There's no meaning to my life anymore... I don't deserve to be here. So good bye everyone. I hope my parents will understand....

I quickly ran to the lounge and turned on all of the blenders. I had filled them with raw eggs and oatmeal earlier that day. It may not seem like a big deal, but they didn't have the tops on. There was 7 blenders total, which would DEFINITELY make a huge mess!

Oh, did you think I was committing suicide? You sick minded people!

I pressed the buttons quickly and dived out of the room. It was like a Channing Tatum movie, but instead of diving away from an explosion, I was diving away from 7 oatmeal and raw egg volcanoes!

I sat on my butt, out of breath as I watched the chaos unfold in front of my eyes. Ahh, this is the life. Then, to make things even better, Ms. Loman walked into the lounge.

"What is going on in here?!" She shrieked. She quickly ran over to one of the machines and tried to turn it off. She couldn't though, because I covered the on/off switch with duck tape. *cue evil laughing*

She attempted to cover it with her hand, which made everything even more hilarious! She got covered in the substance that was in the blenders! Then, I heard it.

"Agent 003 to my office. Agent 003 to my office." Said Commander, over the intercom. Ahh, the sweet sound of trouble. You might find it weird, but I strangely find pleasure in getting in trouble. It means my plans worked and I wasn't a failure. It was just what I needed right now.

I happily skipped down the hall towards Commander's office. "That's right, boys. I'm back." I said, winking at some of my co-workers. They laughed, as I skipped past them.

"Commander, you wanted to see me?" I said, as I entered.

"Yes. Have-" he started, but I sat down before he could finish. "Well, um... We figured something out about Logan's case..." Commander said. Wait, what? That's not what I was expecting him to say...

"What?" I said, not knowing what else to say.

"They found this picture that was taken at a local gas station. It was taken by a security camera." He said, handing my a picture. I looked down at it. Logan had his hands behind his back and was being pushed into a car by.... I don't know who it was. A man with blonde hair? That could be a lot of people...

"Okay, what's the plan?" I asked him.

"Well, we're going to send a few agents to the gas station as a search party and-"

"I'm going." I interrupted.

"No, you're not." Commander said. "You have a mess to clean up." Dang. He does know.

"I-I'm sorry sir! I needed something to... Take my mind off of the situation and I-I-I didn't know what I was doing!" I said.

"Well... I could get a custodian to clean it up..." Commander said.

"Please sir!" I said.

"Alright, fine." Commander said, giving in.

"Thank you sir! I won't let you down!" I said. I got up and left his office. I wonder who else is coming...?