Chapter 13: Different kind of Mission

My phone started buzzing. I had been laying in bed for over an hour waiting for Karen and Davie. Where were they? It shouldn't take them this long to get here!

I leapt of my bed and grabbed my phone. My caller ID said that it was Davie. "Hello?" I answered, desperate to hear what was going on.

"Hello." He said. No, wait. That's not Davie...

"Carson?!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah. It's me." He said. I'm soooo gonna beat him up. Just you wait. That little rat!

"Where's. Davie." I growled.

"Calm down." Did he seriously just say that?! CALM DOWN?! WHAT IS HIS PROBLEM?! DID HE SNIFF TOO MUCH GLUE AS A CHILD?!!!

"Don't you DARE tell me to calm down!" I yelled into the phone. There was an uncomfortable silence on the other end.

"Look, we're not going to hurt your friends. OR your family. It's you we want, not them." He Said. Wow. Thanks. That makes me feel SO much better.

"Okay...? Then leave them alone!" I said, sternly.

"We will... Eventually. Right now, stay put. We're heading to your house." Carson said. Uh uh! I don't think so!

"But-" I started, but he hung up.

"Ugh!" I said, and flopped down on my bed. I'm a very impatient person, so they'd better hurry up!

You may wonder why I'm not that nervous. The real reason, is that I can't seem to wrap my head around what was truly going on. The people who are after me, are coming to my house. They're probably going to try to kill me. Nope. Not working. Still not nervous.

I watched the time on my phone. The minutes ticked by, and no one came. I stayed in my room, and stared out my window for the next hour. I'm going to give them a piece of my mind when they get here! As if on cue, I heard a loud crashing sound coming from downstairs. Oh yeah! Mom's here!

I scrambled out of my room and down the staircase as fast as I could. "Mom?!" I said, as I burst into the kitchen. I was out of breath from running and from the adrenaline that was now pumping through my veins.

"Everything's fine." My mom's quiet voice said. I looked up and she was bent over a boiling pot of stew.

"What was the noise?" I asked, starting to regain my regular breathing patterns.

"I just dropped a pan." She said, shrugging. As if it weren't a big deal. I just ran down the stairs at full speed for her. I. Just. Exercised. When. I'm. Not. At. Work. For. Her. I know, I know. I'm a secret agent. I shouldn't mind a little running. The truth is, when I'm not at work, I'm sorta lazy... Okay. I'm REALLY lazy. I normally just walk around my house in sweat pants and baggy sweatshirts.

"Where's Bruce?" I asked, actually realizing that he wasn't in sight.

"The living room. He's watching some TV." She said, stirring the pot. Before, she seemed really nervous, but now she seemed calm. Ugh, she makes it so hard to keep up with her emotions!

"Okay." I said, and then awkwardly walked back up to my room. That was a big waste of energy....

Bruce seemed to be making himself at home. I peeked into the living room on my way up the stairs, and i saw that his chair was reclined and his feet were up on the coffee table. He was watching some football game. He seemed... Relaxed. I was tempted to go and yell at him for putting his feet on the table, but I let it go. (A/n: let it goooooo let it gooooo)

I plopped back down on my bed, and saw that I had two unread text messages. The first one was from Davie, saying that they would be there in not too long. Mhm. Suuurrree. They're taking FOREVER!

The second was from my dad, saying he'd be home at 5 from work tonight. He always says that. He most likely won't be here at 5. He'll AT LEAST be an hour later.

I sprawled myself across my bed, and decided to mentally prepare myself for what was about to go down.

That's when I realized what was going to happen. They're after ME. It finally sunk in. This was no longer a mission to save the people. This was a mission to save ME. But... Will I be able to do it?

(A/n: sorry I haven't updated in a while! I was on a trip, (Washington, D.C.) so I was just a tad bit busy.(:

So, are you all liking the book so far? I'm trying to keep it interesting. Thanks for reading! Vote. Follow. Share.)