Chapter 16: flashback

(A/n: remember, this chapter is a flashback! Don't freak out!)
I shut off the shower that had just been pouring warm water over my head. I reached for the two towels I had laying on the toilet. Yes, the lid was shut.
I tied one towel around my body and another around my head. I stepped out of the shower, and darted into my room.
The air was cold, but I knew I would just have to toughen up. I grabbed a pair of sweats and a tank top and brought them back into the bathroom. I took the towel off of my head and my body, and I slipped on the clothes I had just grabbed for myself. I rung out my hair in the sink, and then braided it into a fishtail down my back.
I stepped out of the bathroom and walked down the stairs. My parents weren't home. My dad was at work, and my mom was grocery shopping. Logan had gone to his friend's house for a while, so I was home alone.
I grabbed an apple out of the fridge and plopped down on the couch. I flipped on the TV until I found a channel I liked. I happily watched as I munched on my apple. Suddenly, I heard a noise. Was that... Foot steps? Okay. No more watching scary movies.
I ignored the noise and tried to focus on the show. It became evident to me that I was no longer alone. It felt as though someone was staring at me. I got chills that went up my spine and through out my whole body. I didn't want to turn around, for fear of seeing someone standing there.
Get over it, Aubrey. Just turn around. I glanced over my shoulder, and sure enough, he was there. I turned back around, my heart pounding in my chest. Stay calm. Don't freak out.
"Are you lost, sir?" I asked, as calm as I could manage. I was going to give him a chance to just leave and say he walked into the wrong house. I didn't get a response.
I glanced over my shoulder again, to see a shiny metal object just inches from my face. I recognized it and my heart skipped a beat.
"I don't think you want to do this." I said, quietly.
"You don't know what I do and don't want to do." The man replied.
"Actually, I do." I said. I slowly turned around to face him. The gun then was pointed at my forehead. He raised an eyebrow, but kept silent. I took a deep breath, and spoke again. "You're young. Maybe late twenties, early thirties." He looked bewildered.
"How'd you know that?" He asked me.
"I'm just basing it off of your features." I said. "You have kids. And a wife."
"Yes..." He nodded, slowly.
"I could tell by your ring and by the little marker stains on your arm." I told him.
"Wow." He said. He looked impressed. I gulped and began again.
"You love your family. A lot. And you would do anything for them." I said.
"Yeah. I would." He said, scratching the back of his neck.
"You would even break into someone's house." He blushed. He seemed embarrassed at the way he had acted. "Your eyes light up whenever I mention your family. That's how I can tell how much you care about them." He seemed so... Nice. I know, he's pointing a gun at my face and all, but he still seemed like a good guy.
"You seem to have me figured out. But you still can't stop me." He said, gripping the gun a little tighter. I swallowed hard as I looked down the barrel. Just keep talking, Coleson.
"You're right. I can't stop you. Only YOU can stop you." I said. "You love your family huh?" He nodded.
"Of course I do!" He exclaimed.
"Think about this. What if someone broke into YOUR house and threatened YOUR child." I said. He looked like he was thinking hard about that statement. Keep going, it's working! "I'm someone's CHILD. I'm someone's DAUGHTER. I'm someone's SISTER. I'm someone's FRIEND." His face softened a little, and he began to lower the gun.
"Oh my... What am I doing?" He said. He looked down at the gun, and dropped it onto the floor. "What did I do? Oh my gosh..." He ran his hands through his hair nervously. "I'm so stupid!" He yelled, and banged his fist on the table.
"You can fix this." I said.
"No! I can't! I threatened you! I held a friggin gun to your head!" The man said. He punched the wall angrily.
"Yes you can!" I said, trying to stay calm.
"How?!" He asked, looking at me desperately.
"Turn yourself in. Don't make things worse than they already are." I told him.
"But-but... My family will hate me!" He cried.
"No, they won't." I said.
"Yes they will! I'm such a horrible father!" Calvin said, breaking down.
"You feel bad, don't you?" I asked.
"Of course I feel bad!" He shouted.
"Then turn yourself in. You deserve it, don't you?" I asked, trying to say it as nicely as possible.
"Y-yes." He stuttered. He suddenly stood up straight. "Let's go." He said, and walked towards the door. I was stunned, but I followed him anyways.
When he opened the door, we were greeted with bright flashing lights and a huge crowd. Calvin swiftly walked over to the police and let them hand cuff him. They shoved him into a car, and I never saw him again.
That's when Commander approached me and offered me a job. I was asked very few questions, and then I got to see my family. They were so happy that I was okay, and they swore they would never leave again. Yeah right! They were just worried.
Calvin deserved his jail time, but he never ended up hurting anyone or anything. He wasn't a bad guy, he just made a bad choice... Right?
(A/n: I hope you all liked this chapter! It's basically a flashback of the time when Calvin kept Aubrey captive in her own house. I thought I might as well tell the story! Hope you liked it! Follow. Vote. Share. READ!)