Chapter 8: he's gone

"Wha-what?" I stuttered. Did I just hear that correctly? Logan had been... Kidnapped? No. No no no no no no no. No. This is not happening.

"I'm sorry, Aubrey." Commander said, sympathetically. He knew how much I care about my brother.

"How?" I asked. How did this happen? Why is this happening to me?

"Well, your mom came in a few moments ago, and reported Logan missing. She found a note sitting on the counter...." Commander said. A note?

"Can I read it?" I asked. I bit my lip. I was going to cry. No, Aubrey. Keep it together. Do NOT show weakness.

"Of course." Commander said. He opened up a file and handed me a piece of paper.

It's almost ironic. I normally jump with excitement when I see a file. It normally means a new assignment. This specific file, made me feel sick. It felt like the walls were closing in around me, and my world was crashing down.

Agent 003-

I warned you. Now I have your brother. If you want him back, you'll have to find me first. Good luck. You're gonna need it.

-CN

My throat felt tight after reading the note. Logan's a big guy, so how could they have gotten him to leave? Don't get me wrong, Logan's not FAT, he's just really muscular, and he's really tall. Just imagining Logan being taken made me want to throw up.

"We will have some of our best agents on this case, Coleson. No need to worry." Commander Ross said.

"That's me." I said.

"What?" Commander asked.

"I'm one of the best agents. This is now officially my case." I stated. He gave me a look of surprise.

"That's not your decision to make." Commander said.

"Yes. It is." I said, and with that, I got up and left. Commander knows he can't stop me. It's a fact, I'm a determined person. When I have my mind set on something, you'll have one heck if a hard time getting me to change it.

I went straight to my desk, and started up my computer. Here we go. I can do this.

But.... Who would've done this? It's obviously the same person from before... Carson Nichols is the first name that popped into my head. Maybe I'm just paranoid. Carson is way too scared of me to do something like this. I shook my head. It was going to be a LONG day.

Finally, my computer turned on. The first thing I was going to do, was enter all of the information we have into the computer. I typed in what the note said, where it was left, and who found it. Then, I had to type my brother's name. No, don't cry. You are FINE. Everything is FINE. I quickly typed Logan Coleson. See? That wasn't so bad....

I spent the rest of the day trying to gather as much information as possible. So far, I had no leads. Nothing. Nada. I sighed, and decided to take a break. I leaned back in my chair, and flopped my hands over my eyes.

"Agent 003?" I heard someone say.

"Mmm?" I mumbled.

"You're needed in Commander's office." The person said. Ugh why can't that man come to ME?!

"Fine. Thanks." I muttered.

"I'm sorry about your brother." The person said. I took my hands away from my eyes, and saw Davie, AKA agent 026, standing by my desk.

"Uh... Thanks." I said, awkwardly. He gave me one more sympathetic look, and then left. Off to Commander's office I go.

I hopped out of my chair, and slowly dragged my feet to Commander's office. "You wanted me?" I said, after I stepped through the door.

"Yes. Agent Coleson. I just wanted to ask you a quick question." Commander said.

"Okay..." I said.

"Well you seem a little stressed... Would an assignment help take things off your mind?" Commander asked. Oooh! Yes please!

"Sure." I said, nonchalantly. He handed me the file, and smiled.

I left the room, and walked straight towards my motorcycle, reading as I walked. Okay, this was going to be a difficult mission... But nothing I can't handle. I hopped on my bike and drove straight to the crime scene.

Once I arrived, I began to assess the scene. Police enforcement had already arrived, but they were standing around doing absolutely NOTHING. That's fine with me, as long as they stay out of my way.

"Help! Help!" I heard someone yell. I turned around and saw an elderly woman running towards me. Police weren't even here yet?!

"Yes ma'am?" I said.

"They have her in there! They're guarding the doors and they won't let anyone inside!" She yelled, hysterically.

"Who?" I asked.

"Sadie! She's on the top floor and they're on the bottom floor." She said.

"Okay, thank you." I said. I jogged up towards the front door. I can't just knock and hope they'll let me in. I have to get in there another way.... Ah ha! A ladder leading up to the top window! These guys must be real idiots...

I quickly climbed the ladder, and carefully climbed through the window. I surveyed the room. The only thing there, was a girl tied to a chair.

I quickly untied her and told her to be quiet. I led her to the window, and told her to climb down first. She swung one leg out the window, and clumsily knocked the ladder down!

"Oops." She said, as she watched it fall. I face palmed.

"It's okay. We'll just have to find another way out of here." I told her. I motioned for her to follow, and I led her into the hallway. I saw a shadow of someone walking up the stairs and I used my arm to shove her flat against the wall. We waited for the shadow to disappear, and it eventually did.

We kept walking until I heard a footstep from behind us. I whipped around just in time to see a man try to punch me. I grabbed his fist, and kicked him in the gut. He fell over in pain, and we left him there.

We found a staircase that we hoped would lead us out of the house. Unfortunately, we were wrong. It led to the basement. We looked around to see if anyone was in there, and of course there was. He didn't have a weapon, but he found an old dodge ball on the ground and threw it hard towards Sadie. I stuck out my arm and punched the ball away. It stung for a few seconds, but I was fine afterwards.

We continued back up the stairs. Another man popped out. These people are so predictable.... He had a gun. I heard the shot noise, and I kicked Sadie in the back of the knee, making her fall to the ground. I jumped out of the way of the bullet, and then ran towards the man.

He threw a knife, and I easily dodged it. Then he tried to throw what I thought was a smoke bomb, but i kicked it in mid air, making it fly back at the man. It exploded, and I watched as the man passed out. Hmm... I guess it wasn't just a smoke bomb....

I grabbed Sadie's arm and pulled her off of the ground. I dragged her out the front door, and she ran right into the elderly woman's arms.

"Sadie! I'm glad you're okay!" The woman said.

"Me too, Katie." Sadie said. "This is my grandma, Katie."

"Nice to meet you both." I said, politely.

"There's katelynn!" Sadie said, turning towards a little dog that was running towards them. Why were they telling me they're names...? Can't they see I don't care? Well, they're not the brightest bunch...

The police officers began entering the house to capture the criminals and take them into custody. "It took you long enough!" I hissed at one of the police officers. "I had the hostage out of the house way before you even lifted a finger!"

"Sorry." Was all the officer mumbled as he walked away. Sorry? SORRY?! Okay, Commander's right. I'm way too stressed...

All I know, is that my brother's missing, and I need to find him. Soon, or else.... Let's not think about it...

(A/n: Like. Comment. Share. Vote. Follow.)