Chapter 4: It's all his fault.

We left the house, with little conversation. I didn't say a word to him. I didn't exactly know WHAT to say. He let the criminal go, for Pete's sake! What was I supposed to say? 'Oh, and by the way, I watched you, ya little rat! What were you doing?' No! I can't say that!

Should I tell Commander? Maybe... But he might think I made it up to get rid of Carson... Ugh.

When we finally reached the agency, my entrance wasn't like it normally would be after a mission. I normally skip to Commander's office to tell him the good news. This time, I drug my feet and walked as slowly as possible. How could I tell him I failed a mission? This has never happened before!

Surprisingly, Carson didn't seem very upset... Okay. I'm not that surprised. He ruined the mission on purpose! Why would he do that?! And now, Commander would probably reprimand me for letting Carson deal with the criminal on his first day. I sighed of frustration. I just can't win, can I?

We finally reached Commander's office. I don't even know what to say! He expects so much of me, and I just want to please him. I took a deep breath, and entered his office.

"Aubrey! Carson! My favorite two! My two peas in a pod! My team! My Lewis and Clark!" He said. He says the stupidest things sometimes...

"Hi." I said, quietly. His face turned from happy, to concerned in literally a nano-second. How does he do that?!

"What happened?" He finally asked.

"We... Failed the mission sir." I said.

"Wh-what?" Commander stuttered. He was obviously surprised.

"I'm sorry sir." I said. I could feel my cheeks heat up from embarrassment.

"Please, have a seat and tell me what happened." Commander said. I gulped. This is not good. I repeat. THIS IS NOT GOOD. We sat down in the two chairs across from him, and he looked at us, expectantly.

"Well... Erm... We entered the house. I searched the upstairs, and Carson searched the downstairs..." I started. Commander nodded, and motioned for me to continue. "I figured he'd be in the attic, so I found the attic, and sure enough, I heard creaking up there." I said.

"So you checked it out." Commander said.

"Yes sir. I entered the attic, and the man attacked me. I, of course, rolled so I was pinning him down, but he threw me off of him. I chased him out of the attic, and got one good kick to his gut. He kept running, and I... Uh..." I said. I didn't know how Commander would react to me letting Carson do the dirty work on his first day.

"Go on, Aubrey." Commander said.

"I sorta told Carson to get him..." I said.

"Why?" Commander asked, confused.

"I thought he needed a little action?" I said. Commander shook his head.

"You realize you should've gone after the man yourself, right?" Commander asked. I nodded.

"It looked like Carson had him, but they turned a corner and I... I.. Couldn't see them anymore." I lied. Please believe me! Please believe me!

"Oh... What happened then Carson?" Commander asked. Whew. I'm in the clear. But... What's Carson gonna say?

"Well, I chased the man around a bit... And like Aubrey said, we turned a corner. He tried to fight me, and I kicked him in the head. He looked stunned for a moment, and I thought I got him. When he regained his balance, he ran before I could get him again." Carson said, calmly. That's the biggest load of crap I've ever heard! He's such a liar... And a good one, too.

"Okay... Well..." Commander said, looking for the right words. Are we in trouble? Because if we are, I am SO gonna hurt Carson! Just wait. Tomorrow's a training day too. Maybe we'll spar... Then I'll get a few good blows in there... I smiled, just thinking about it.

"Atleast you tried." Commander finally said. WHAT?! That's IT?! No actual trouble? No way. No. Way.

"Yes sir. Sorry again." Carson said. Oh, he's gonna be sorry. Just wait. Revenge is my middle name. Okay, maybe it's not. My real middle name is Marie, but my new middle name is Revenge. Aubrey Revenge Coleson. Yes. That has a nice ring to it.

We left Commander's office and walked to my desk. Of course, Carson followed. Once we were in my cubicle, I turned around to face Carson.

"Okay, what was that crap in there?! Tell me what actually happened." I said. Carson looked stunned.

"What do you mean? That is what happened." He said.

"Oh come on! I know you're lying!" I said.

"I'm not lying!" Carson insisted.

"Whatever. Why would I want to know how YOU screwed up the mission?" I said, and then turned around. I smirked a little to myself, knowing that I made him mad. I glanced over my shoulder and his hands were clenched into fists.

"I'm going for a walk." Carson finally said, and left. Who does this guy think he is?! I don't even know his last name... I decided to look it up. I found it, and his full name is Carson Nichols. Nichols... Why is that so familiar..? I shrugged it off. I'm sure it's nothing.

Tomorrow will finally be training day! I'm so gonna get him good! Just wait, Carson Nichols. I'll be back for you. Aubrey Revenge Coleson is after you.